Food Amish Friendship Bread

OMG I remember this stuff!! Petrina_Yeo, I think I had the same thing... did you make more batter and give it to your friends in a paper bag for them to make? If so, these stuff is realllll good... please post the recipe if so :smile: :smile:

I LOVE bread and I would love to do this, my starters that I've made in the past came out good, just I had no idea to keep them alive and I don't bake often, at least not now..

Sounds great though! Let us know how it turned out and if you have any pics. :smile:

LOL, wow, a blast from the past! The bread is great...but it is kind of hard to get out of the cycle once it gets gets going...once all my friends had the starter, we just were all drowing in AFB!!!

Is this the recipe where you make the batter, have to divide it into 4 bowls, you bake 1 and give 3 to your friends?

If so, we did this before. Tasted good!

Yep, that's the one! It turned out really good, I'm workign on my second batch right now (it's still in the "fermenting" stage) I guess I"m just going to have to dump the other starters down the drain after this batch though because I don't know anyone else who wants one! I wish I could mail them to you girls but I don't know how they'd do in the mail.

This was a sweet cinnamon-y bread which would be excellent in the fall and winter with nuts added in! I would consider it to be more cakey than bread like...kinda like banana nut bread. I wish I had a not sweet version though, that would be really good.

For those that want to make it but don't have a starter, here's a link to make your own starter and then the direction on how to make the bread itself.
http://dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm...Listing/filter/dianas/recipeID/995/Recipe.cfm

My friends and I made this in college! Making it was easy, eating it was even better! The best part is that you get to share the recipe with your friends :yes: