AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL - Season 11 - 9/3/08

Side note: the whole robot theme was incredibly self-indulgent, even for Tyra :rolleyes:

But Clarke had a point - is there any way ANTM could be a transgender or did they keep her on board just for the talk?

totally agree and yes. Last night was a bit much even for Tyra. I guess since they've had so many girls that have been called "tranny" they decided to go for the real thing this year! I'm so confused. I think that Isis looks like Stella on Project Runway, but that could be because I was toggling between the two shows in the 9 o'clock hour. :shame:

Hahaha - RIGHT! Tybot! What a dorky concept! I was so embarrassed actually I had to cover my eyes......:ninja: The fake lightening coming out of the building? "Beam me up Ms. J?"
OH MY GOD. It was like watching bad reruns of like Land Of The Lost from the 60s......:faint:

I really hated the robot thing. It better not continue for the rest of the season.
My favorites so far are Marjorie, Analeigh, and Elaina (hope I spelled their names right). I was surprised to see a transgender on the show, but really why not. It is so funny how the girls are hating on Isis and trying to make her do poorly when she is doing better than most of them. This season looks to be more interesting than the last two. I honestly cannot remember any of the contestants from the last two season, probably couldn't even tell you who won.

there are transgendered models already getting work, so yes, isis could be ANTM. but hopefully tyra wont keep her just because of that. i kind of think that's what they did with whitney last season. she was gorgeous and had a great body, but i dont think she modeled the best. it seems that tyra just wanted to make it a point that plus sized models could win.

Hahaha - RIGHT! Tybot! What a dorky concept! I was so embarrassed actually I had to cover my eyes......:ninja: The fake lightening coming out of the building? "Beam me up Ms. J?"
OH MY GOD. It was like watching bad reruns of like Land Of The Lost from the 60s......:faint:

Heyyyyy I loved Land of the Lost LOL!!!!! Just kidding.

Yeah I think sometimes Tyra loses a screw...I hated her blue lips. I guess its hard to come up with new stuff each season, but yeah what about just being natural?

As for Isis, I felt so sorry for her, poor thing...those chicks were so nasty when she was trying to do her photo shoot. Where do those biatches get off being so damn mean, like they are gods gift to the world. I think most are kinda ugly except the gay one LOL. I thought it was hysterical when she got selected that she hugged Clarke (who 20 min prior she said she had a crush on her LOL) She really got in to her hug, I smell conflict coming from that girl. She does have a good look though.

Should be an interesting season.

Ok, so I just watched the episode and have to say that the whole futurustuc theme they are going with is incredibly fake feeling and annoying! It really got on my nerves.

So, my favorite girls so far are Marjorie, Mckey, Analeigh and Elina.

Is it me or does Clark kind of look like Jessica Simpson?

clark2ue4.jpg
Jessica-Simpson-mm01.jpg

Isis has my favorite pic. So much feeling in it. She looks like she is really portraying "Privacy".

Attachments

• top model.jpg
    top model.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 74
OMG! That futuristic theme was so ANNOYING!!!!! I wanted it to end after Tyra came out and started doing The Robot & made her voice super irritating! When they were cutting down the final 20, I cringed each time she pressed all the fake computer buttons.

Anyway, the girl from Alaska was cute but I hated the way she kept saying that she wasn't used to these things in Alaska! I think she tried to make that her gimic but hopefully that'll end by next episode.

At first, I didn't see the big hype over Isis & thought she just had a great story BUT I liked the way she handled herself with the girls hating on her & all the questions they bombarded her with, I started to like her. Plus I think she did have a great photo. Do you think transgender women were allowed to enter the contest before her but just didn't make it?

I think Elina is gorgeous but for some reason I can't see her with any other hairstyle. I think Tyra will leave her as is for the make-over episode. I really loved what she wore to panel judging! It was VERY fierce in an un-fierce kind of way.

I think Clark is like a Monet painting. From afar she is beautiful but when they did close up shots of her face, she was really unattractive. It could be her bad personality that makes me zoom in & look at her imperfections (big nose & no top lip) but I don't think she will make it that far.

Majorie is so frantic, its scary! I hope she gets more comfortable as the season goes on and stops acting like a madwoman!
I know! The futuristic theme was so corny. I think Elina is gorgeous but she doesn't photograph as well as some of the others; Clark is bland; Sheena has a great personality; Mckey is beautiful but her lip goes crooked when she talks?

Am torn between ANTM and Project Runway on Wednesdays. No Tivo - oh what to do?!

Also is Marjorie meant to be an Agyness Deyn 2.0. they won't mention it though.

I don't see why one girl every year thinks being a ***** pays off. It just doesn't work afterwards with ANTM. Other shows yeah, but not this one. & Clarke is exceedingly average.