Amazing Lanvin Pencil Cat Bag

Great to see this review. She is definitely as enchanted by this design as I am. Just so so lovely.

I wasn't entirely convinved by the hobo shape at first, but I am pretty sold having seen this video actually. It's spot on to have this balance of casual and dressy. It's really quite amazing when a designer can just get things right, and it really takes a type of genius to read what people want and then be able to produce a design that achieves it. This bag is stunning.

I was in Paris last week and saw both bags irl, the best part is that the handle is lightweight, as well as the leather of the bag, so these are really nice lightweight bags! They also offer a customization option for special leathers, like croco, so the colour of the hardware and embellishments can be chosen and added too, which is really cool.
EECC44B3-5B9E-4C2B-A492-B63634629F9F.jpeg
752679F3-2ADF-4845-AA67-60A74F3B7137.jpeg

This ad was all over Paris, I just fell in love with the hobo version, so went in store and got the hobo bag with a chain, much functional than the cat handle version. The bag is stunning, the leather is lightweight as well as the hardware, it also has an additional adjustable shoulder strap, which is great! The bag features a zipper closure and an inner zip pocket, this is very smart! Love the design and functionality! Got it in black and it instantly became my favorite bag!
C006251F-55C4-426F-B55A-37AD168A50DE.jpeg
8A261B19-3CF2-4A4A-9F62-62F297305263.jpeg

Still considering this bag, can't view it in person unfortunately.
I do wish i had some more hands on info into wear & tear; comfort of the cat handle (does it dig in when you wear the shoulder strap as well as holding the cat handle) ; pros & cons etc

Still considering this bag, can't view it in person unfortunately.
I do wish i had some more hands on info into wear & tear; comfort of the cat handle (does it dig in when you wear the shoulder strap as well as holding the cat handle) ; pros & cons etc

I saw these bags last Thurs in London (Mount Street). I was slightly disappointed. I much preferred the metal contrast hw to the coloured enamel(?). I don't like the pastel-y colours at all. All lighter in weight than expected, I know others think this is a plus-point but I'm not so sure. To me there is a certainly weight in quality hardware and structured polished leather. I felt the bag is not worth the price compared with other bags on my Wishlist (or on my waitlist for my wishlist - I have a very exclusive wishlist :P )

I saw these bags last Thurs in London (Mount Street). I was slightly disappointed. I much preferred the metal contrast hw to the coloured enamel(?). I don't like the pastel-y colours at all. All lighter in weight than expected, I know others think this is a plus-point but I'm not so sure. To me there is a certainly weight in quality hardware and structured polished leather. I felt the bag is not worth the price compared with other bags on my Wishlist (or on my waitlist for my wishlist - I have a very exclusive wishlist :P )
Did you happen to see the pencil cat bag too. What's that one like?

Did you happen to see the pencil cat bag too. What's that one like?

That's what I went in for.

It's a truly stunning bag. The metals of the hw are different on different parts, and they only had the coloured front plates.. I thought the leather strap is too wide for its size, not necessary. Perhaps it doesn't really need the front hw but it operates the closure (which is an old school closure and very easy) but I really preferred the plain black with ghw throughout. You'd have to be careful not overstuffing, it's a large evening bag IMO. Not much to say about the inside. It is similar to the Gucci BTH in the way that it must not be squashed as the leather is moulded into shape by the folds. You could never be in a hurry.

I have been spoilt in my life by seeing and feeling real Art Deco pieces, with jeweller-worthy hardware, some in sterling silver or polished brass. That's what this bag reminds me of, I just don't think those vintage pieces could translate to mass market (let's not kid ourselves this was manufactured for short runs). The only one I am loving atm is the full-on, 'in yer face' gold on black painted version - but that would be a LOT of CAT for me to wear. The coloured enamel versions just don't do it for me. I would say worth the price if you're going to keep it forever - but you will have to baby it.

They also had them without the cat :no:

That's what I went in for.

It's a truly stunning bag. The metals of the hw are different on different parts, and they only had the coloured front plates.. I thought the leather strap is too wide for its size, not necessary. Perhaps it doesn't really need the front hw but it operates the closure (which is an old school closure and very easy) but I really preferred the plain black with ghw throughout. You'd have to be careful not overstuffing, it's a large evening bag IMO. Not much to say about the inside. It is similar to the Gucci BTH in the way that it must not be squashed as the leather is moulded into shape by the folds. You could never be in a hurry.

I have been spoilt in my life by seeing and feeling real Art Deco pieces, with jeweller-worthy hardware, some in sterling silver or polished brass. That's what this bag reminds me of, I just don't think those vintage pieces could translate to mass market (let's not kid ourselves this was manufactured for short runs). The only one I am loving atm is the full-on, 'in yer face' gold on black painted version - but that would be a LOT of CAT for me to wear. The coloured enamel versions just don't do it for me. I would say worth the price if you're going to keep it forever - but you will have to baby it.

They also had them without the cat :no:
Yep i feel like the cat makes it special.
But I am not into babying bags at all so sounds like this is a pass for me.
Thank you for the honest reply!
I hope you find something really special

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger