Amazing Lanvin Pencil Cat Bag

packhorse

Mar 29, 2021
Hi Everyone, this is my first thread! I just want to share my appreciation of the Lanvin Pencil Cat bag because, well, I think it's absolutely amazing!! Honestly, I think the house is really making great moves with it's new(-ish) designer Bruno Sialelli and becoming great after some temultuous times it had with the unfortuneate removal of Alber Elbaz.

Honestly, I think this is just stunning. What a statement, what a piece of design! Is this the most undeservedly slept on bag / fashion house??

Am I the only what that is totally hypnotised by this bag? :loveeyes:

lw-bgbr05-palm-e2159f.jpg lw-bgbr05-palm-e2159e.jpg
lw-bgbrc5-palm-e2103e.jpg lw-bgbrc5-palm-e2103g.jpg

Hi Everyone, this is my first thread! I just want to share my appreciation of the Lanvin Pencil Cat bag because, well, I think it's absolutely amazing!! Honestly, I think the house is really making great moves with it's new(-ish) designer Bruno Sialelli and becoming great after some temultuous times it had with the unfortuneate removal of Alber Elbaz.

Honestly, I think this is just stunning. What a statement, what a piece of design! Is this the most undeservedly slept on bag / fashion house??

Am I the only what that is totally hypnotised by this bag? :loveeyes:

View attachment 5044719 View attachment 5044721
View attachment 5044722 View attachment 5044723

Thank you for drawing our attention to this special bag and posting, I think it's amazing - esp. for evenings.

Reactions: packhorse
Had seen their bags online a while back & wondered if it is this beautiful/high quality irl .
Didn't find many reviews on it really so i passed.
Yeh, you'd need to blaze a trail if you were to take the plunge, cos there are not many of these around.

I reckon the quality would be strong. It would surely be a crime to put that stunning handle on anything that wasn't top notch and built to last forever. I'd check it in store and haggle a bit on the price on the basis of the bag being new and untested ;).

Ah, just found this video on YouTube of Ava Max's Lanvin Cat Bag here! It shows the bag fairly close up. Looks like it's getting used well by her and looks good.
Looks like it holds quite a lot! But there was a bad mark in the front & a crease around the lock when the flap was lifted.
Also it's not really a useable top handle ? I think it would look better w a chain not the clunky leather strap

Looks like it holds quite a lot! But there was a bad mark in the front & a crease around the lock when the flap was lifted.
Also it's not really a useable top handle ? I think it would look better w a chain not the clunky leather strap

Yeh, the lock crease is a bit of a shame. I wonder if that is likely to happen or because this one has been beaten a bit, as you say, there was a dent in it on the front. I like the leather strap as it balances out the handle and doesn't compete with it for attention, but it would be good to have a shoulder strap.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
This bag is adorable and I also like their bogey bag. I love the house's current art deco vibes which is also reflected in their scarves and other bags. I would be keen to visit a Lanvin boutique to try it out but sadly there are no shops near me.

I honestly can see you with the lanvin cat bag in your collection!
I just wonder how comfortable it is to use as a top handle/wrist carry.
Does not seem to be much room between the cat & bag and kind of stiff ?

• Love
Reactions: Aerdem
I honestly can see you with the lanvin cat bag in your collection!
I just wonder how comfortable it is to use as a top handle/wrist carry.
Does not seem to be much room between the cat & bag and kind of stiff ?
Yes, absolutely valid points... I’ve tried to find some hand/body/bag ratio proportions with the pencil versus the hobo. (As carried in multiple ways). It looks like the hobo even has space for a “tucked under the shoulder” option. I love that. And both have a long leather strap (which wouldn’t be my thing- but definitely something to consider).

I personally don’t mind suffering for art, ha. But I’m thinking the hobo is more user friendly between the two. Really interested to interact with these in person before I make a final verdict!

Attachments

• 95F2F066-9898-4B4B-958A-9ADFF5D22B6E.jpeg
    95F2F066-9898-4B4B-958A-9ADFF5D22B6E.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 5C5D259C-2AD7-41E2-AE12-CE089F7EF8F4.jpeg
    5C5D259C-2AD7-41E2-AE12-CE089F7EF8F4.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 93
  • AABC6807-225D-4D81-9232-3416D999FA54.jpeg
    AABC6807-225D-4D81-9232-3416D999FA54.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1F139A48-9AD3-41F8-9E13-52398C91AE04.jpeg
    1F139A48-9AD3-41F8-9E13-52398C91AE04.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 74
Yes, absolutely valid points... I’ve tried to find some hand/body/bag ratio proportions with the pencil versus the hobo. (As carried in multiple ways). It looks like the hobo even has space for a “tucked under the shoulder” option. I love that. And both have a long leather strap (which wouldn’t be my thing- but definitely something to consider).

I personally don’t mind suffering for art, ha. But I’m thinking the hobo is more user friendly between the two. Really interested to interact with these in person before I make a final verdict!

Oh definitely let us know if you go for one of them. I'm so glad people have love for these bags! I think they're absolutely stunning and they carry some major "insider" status. People are really sleeping on these bags I think.

• Love
Reactions: EllisZ and Aerdem
Oh definitely let us know if you go for one of them. I'm so glad people have love for these bags! I think they're absolutely stunning and they carry some major "insider" status. People are really sleeping on these bags I think.
Will do! It’s such an art piece… And I love that it is remaining under the radar. Gives it that singularity quality. More for us :biggrin:

Reactions: packhorse