AMAZING collection 2054 not a rainbow but Cosmic Microwave Background radiation Big Bang afterglow

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
This is stunning ! I was browsing new collection 2054 called "rainbow' and as an astronomer I recognized instantly the pattern of "cosmic microwave background radiation" called CMB, from satellite WMAP, which shows temperature fluctuations of the matter in the early universe, and this provides the key to unlock the structure of matter in our universe throughout it's history and today.

I ordered this print from Etsy on scarf and fabric pouches, and for the first time I see haute couture exploiting science concept so well :smile:

here are the original images of the sky (NASA) , and Virgil Abloh's pieces from various websites

Attachments

• Baby_Universe.jpg
    Baby_Universe.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 137
  • WMAP.jpg
    WMAP.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Louis-Vuitton-Reversible-Keepall-Monogram-3D-50-Rainbow-3.jpg
    Louis-Vuitton-Reversible-Keepall-Monogram-3D-50-Rainbow-3.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 138
  • LV_2054_1.jpg
    LV_2054_1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 140
  • main-louis-vuitton-2054-collection-1.jpg
    main-louis-vuitton-2054-collection-1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 140
  • pouch_LV.jpg
    pouch_LV.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 140
This is stunning ! I was browsing new collection 2054 called "rainbow' and as an astronomer I recognized instantly the pattern of "cosmic microwave background radiation" called CMB, from satellite WMAP, which shows temperature fluctuations of the matter in the early universe, and this provides the key to unlock the structure of matter in our universe throughout it's history and today.

I ordered this print from Etsy on scarf and fabric pouches, and for the first time I see haute couture exploiting science concept so well :smile:

here are the original images of the sky (NASA) , and Virgil Abloh's pieces from various websites
That’s really neat Verna! It helps me appreciate the more “far out” styles of Abloh. Thanks for the post