am I too young for a red croc birkin?

motomoto

Dec 4, 2008
hi everybody,

just been informed that a red croc 30 has come available.

I've been holding out for a red birkin 30 (really hoping for rouge garrance) for the longest time, but have been looking around for just regular leather (togo was my choice)- no luck for that so far, until a day ago when the store called and informed a red was available, but in croc!

i'm in my late twenties, and am wondering whether a red croc would seem too OTT (over the top) for my age. I have a few birkins (black swift 35, gold togo 35, etoupe togo 30), perhaps a croc would be a good "diversification"? (HAHA)

what do you guys think?

i have a picture of it somewhere which i will upload in a while.

it is beautiful, go for it.

i do not think you are too young for it and even if you are, you'll eventually be old enough for it. by that time, i cannot imagine what the retail price will be

If you like it and can afford, get it. A bag like this does not probably come around very often plus it will be much more expensive when you're 35 or 45. Of course it also depends on whether this is your ultimate croc color and whether croc suits your lifestyle. Would you use this the same way as a red leather Birkin..?

If you like it and can afford, get it. A bag like this does not probably come around very often plus it will be much more expensive when you're 35 or 45. Of course it also depends on whether this is your ultimate croc color and whether croc suits your lifestyle. Would you use this the same way as a red leather Birkin..?

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Is there anything I need to take note of for croc leather? I use my black swift for work everyday and it's practically used to death now. The rest of the bags I use it only occasionally.

Is crocrodile susceptible to rain/dirt?

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Is there anything I need to take note of for croc leather? I use my black swift for work everyday and it's practically used to death now. The rest of the bags I use it only occasionally.

Is crocrodile susceptible to rain/dirt?
Oh yes, please do look into this and be 100% sure of how it will fit your lifestyle. It is susceptible to rain and marking. It being an exotic it certainly cant be "abused" like a regular leather bag. That is unless you are lucky enough to replace this one yet again with another....it sure is pretty, but as a "work horse" bag, no.

It is beautiful and perhaps hard-to-come-by, that does not mean you must get it. Most important of all is whether this bag will suit your lifestyle and you are comfortable carrying it from time to time, rather than letting it sit on your shelf (and your H fund) forever.

Speaking from my experience, I did turned down some exotics which are gorgeous in their own way. I feel that I'm not at the "right age" to carry those colours, and I don't need the stares from people like "is she carrying her mom's bag?"

IMHO it is not necessarily for the owner to baby exotic bags, but it is always disheartening to see some with rain stains or worn corners, especially for light/bright-coloured ones. The flaws will become very obvious and even spa cannot completely recover them.