Am I too picky?

chancy

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
I just received my petal to the petal sasha in grape juice and I have to say I am in :heart: I got it for a steal (to me at least) at $350 on ebay, but I looked it over and there seems to be two small scratches.. one on the bottom and one on the front pocket. They're not too noticeable, but I'm the type of person who likes things to be perfect when I first get them (I spend hours picking out stuff! I usually go through a whole pile.. ie.. i made an Apple guy take out almost his whole stock of iPod nanos just to choose one for myself :angel:)

I'm not sure if I should let it go since I did get it at a good price. Any advice on what I can do?

TIA!

This question has actually come up before. Leather from the PTTM line is prone to minor scratches, but it seems that conditioner minimizes how noticeable they are.

Unfortunately, that's the risk one takes with ebay.... ebay is trying to prevent things like this from happening, but it's impossible to stop it with individual sellers. If you're not happy with the bag, you might be better off buying a new one elsewhere. Be careful with the conditioner - I've heard sellers not taking bags back because of buyers applying conditioner. If you're going to try it, try it with the knowledge that you're keeping it.

chancy, I have owned 4 PTTM bags- none have been perfect. There were either streaks or slight scratches or slight peeling. I just try to accept that fact and enjoy the bag.

i can understand why you feel that way, but the bag will get scratches on it when you start using it. will it still bother you then? or do you only care for it to look perfect right when you get it? if it'll bother you, i'd return it. look for another sasha or another mbmj style with more durable leather.

/\ Agreed. I had a marsh brown PTTM sasha that was loaded with scratches. I thought it was intentional distressing... it's not a style that's meant to stay perfect.

So if it does bug you, try a different line. You don't want it to drive you nuts! But if you don't mind some distressing, keep the bargain.

i own a pttm natasha and wallet and due to the nature of the leather, it's totally normal and expected. but as everyone else says, you have to be happy. either try another line with tougher leather like the groovee or hillier or just keep the pttm and maybe try putting on some conditioner. you got it for a steal and if i were you, i'd just keep it. i personally like the distressed, vintage look. :smile:

I like my bags to have small quirks when I first get them, otherwise I feel terrible when I inevitably scratch it myself. The leather might darken just a tad with treatment but it won't be too noticeable.

Thanks for the input everyone :smile: I guess the scratches don't bother me too much... I just like things to be perfect when I first buy them even if I might scratch it myself later on :lol: Different sort of feeling i suppose? haha.

I do have a natasha on the way because I wasn't sure which size would be best.. so I suppose I will leave it for now and see which one I like better out of the two ^_^

I forgot another thing.. I noticed that if I look at the bag from the bottom, the leather seems to be slightly two different colors (on either side of the seam)? Is that normal just because of the dying process and what not?

(This doesn't bother me too much, I'm just curious ^^;)

Probably should mention this is technically my first MBMJ bag (I ordered the natasha first, but sasha came first lol) hence the many questions! :smile:

TIA!

Last edited: