Am I the only one who does this?

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
So, not too long ago, I decided that I was over my Balenciaga City Bag obsession. Well, after looking through the Vogue that arrived in the mail today, I'm obsessed again. I think I want a black one. No...I know I want a black one. AGAIN!:wacko: I was just staring at it and thinking...that bag is so me. Is this normal? How can I be obsessed with something, decide that the latest leather looks cheap, then see an ad and become obsessed all over again? I tried not to think about it, but when I was in the arts/crafts store today buying paint, I imagined myself carrying sketch books in that bag.:shame: :amuse: If the latest leather looks anything like the leather in the Vogue ad, I want that bag.:lol:

Does anyone know if the prices went up?

i say get it! just get it!!! you'll totally love it even more when you finally hold it in your hands.... i totally go through phases like this too... :biggrin: good luck and i hope you fill your b-bag need! :smile:

We are a bunch of fickle creatures! I was surprised to see it in Vogue, but there it is. Not sure why Balenciaga is suddenly advertising it...are sales dropping? Everyone here but me seems crazy in love with these bags. And I admit the black one DOES look nice. So do the white ones. If they did one in a thicker matte finish leather (maybe a chamois, like the Chloe) I might have to buy it. In the fall, of course.

Same here-you're not alone. I returned a white med bbag last week b/c i couldn't justify paying total $1300 for a thin, not the most 'nice' leathered looking trendy bag. But when I see pictures of people holding their bbag (especially the white), I have major doubts of why I didn't like it and why I returned it. So, I ask for the gazillionth time to my hubby, 'maybe I should have kept it even if it's a bit hard to take care of, huh?' and he answers loud and clear for the gazillionth time 'HONEY, you saw it...everyone...I mean EVERY GIRL YOU SAW in the city were wearing that same bag...do you really want what EVERYONE has?...keep the Chanel...it's more classier.' And then right after that, my switch goes off and I'm back to being confident about returning the bbag. The wheel keeps turning and turning....LOL :shame:

I like the b-bag for it pragmatism, I can throw it around and not worry about scratches or damage to it. I'll probably get a spring color one for the warmer days. Other the the LV canvas, I get nervous about damaging the leather...such as, I won't use a nice bag if it rains/snows...

I fall in love with Balenciaga bags almost every time I see them. I will have flings with other bags, but then I see the B-bag and poof, it enamors me again. And then I find myself wanting it in colors that I didn't like in the first place. I haven't quite figured out what it is about the bags that makes me want them so much either.

Next one I'm getting is either the twiggy or the day.. I haven't figured out which color yet though. I can't seem to decide or commit to one. Worst case (Best case) scenario I buy several! :biggrin:

Oh wait... I told myself no more bags until Fall06.

Lol! I know how u feel. I had an LV cabas piano that I really adored and used over and over until I fell out of love with her as there were newer purchases I started using instead. She was left in the closet for a long time b4 I cleaned house and gave it to my mum. Soon after, I felt like I wanted the back. Thought of all the good times and all the places we'd gone together, lol!! Oh well, at least mum is happy.

That's why it's so hard for me to return or sell a purse I might not be in love with anymore - I might regret it. It takes me several weeks of looking at it, looking at myself in the mirror, thinking of what I'd replace it with.

I wore my Balenciaga for the first time today. I LOVE it. I'm now thinking of my next one, and what color I would get. I have the black city and am sooo happy with it. It's a great size for me, super soft and casual, the shoulder strap is handy.... Hope you get one too!

Oh, you guys are going to get me in trouble....Now I'm thinking that I want a black Bbag. Buttery and addicted -- is the "city" bigger than the "first"? (I'm a Balenciaga novice)....

I am desperately wanting a black city Bbag (the first is too small). I have heard they will be going back to the old leather in the fall and I am trying to wait it out, but I'm not very patient when it comes to bags. Is the "new" leather really that bad? I've been scanning eBay daily for an older authentic bag with the silver hardware, but so far, no luck...