Am I the Only Crazy One...

Nope not crazy at all, when I did a review on my Insolite wallet I showed my clear liners ;) I like that they are clear so it doesn't really show & it keeps the wallet clean & free of that coin smell, lol

Well I purchased my LV wallet used and it's from the 90's but if I had a beautiful new LV wallet I'd probably do the same thing! I will say though that my wallet does look pretty damn good for being so old!

I did the same with my Sara wallet. But I used double sided tape to attach the liner to the sides so it opens when I open the compartment rather than fiddle around trying to get into the plastic bag. I think it makes using the wallet that much better with peace of mind.

I did the same with my Sara wallet. But I used double sided tape to attach the liner to the sides so it opens when I open the compartment rather than fiddle around trying to get into the plastic bag. I think it makes using the wallet that much better with peace of mind.

Good thinking! I'll have to get some double sided tape.
You're right, it's nice to have the peace of mind. :biggrin:

As neurotic as I can be about my stuff, I'm actually kind of shocked that I haven't thought to do something like this yet.. wow, what a great idea. Especially considering I ALWAYS have coins on me and am currently using an Empreinte wallet in orient color..

You are not crazy at all :smile: It's a great idea!

I wouldn't have even thought about it had I not been looking at pre-loved ones before I bought this one. I've always owned less expensive wallets bag that were usually dark leather or cloth inside, so it wasn't noticeable.
I'm so glad I did this. You should try it out! :biggrin:

I wouldn't have even thought about it had I not been looking at pre-loved ones before I bought this one. I've always owned less expensive wallets bag that were usually dark leather or cloth inside, so it wasn't noticeable.
I'm so glad I did this. You should try it out! :biggrin:

I have issues with the coin compartment of one of my older wallets (light fabric lining) so I really should have thought of this myself! Luckily it was a Michael Kors wallet I got for really cheap. I should definitely try this out with my Empreinte! Thank you for sharing :tup:

Who has lined the coin part of their wallets?

You guys will probably think I'm nuts, but after looking at pre-loved wallets online and finally bucking up and just getting a new MC Insolite last month, I knew I had to line the coin compartment. Just the damage that I've seen on the pre-loved wallets, then the fact that my coins kept getting stuck in the accordion part set me on a mission. It took a little bit to find something that worked, but I finally did it!

View attachment 2623938
View attachment 2623939

It's not completely visually pleasing, but if you're someone other than me, you can't even tell it's there. Plus, it's made it so much easier to find my coins and they no longer get stuck in the sides. Admittedly, the BF laughed at me, but that's ok. :biggrin:

I need to figure out how to line the coin pouch of my Curieuse Wallet! So no, you are completely sane and rational! :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

There are a few people here who have shared pictures like yours, so you're not the only one! I would definitely be doing this if I was using my main wallet for coins!