always remember to spray...

joannajane

May 11, 2009
im back in singapore now and said id show everyone this disaster! im not 100% sure if this was down to lack of spraying, but a few months after i brought my purse to singapore this happened. it's extremely humid here with books, camera lenses and leather going moldy should you not take proper precautions against the humidity. obviously this is an extreme case!

i had an incident with my alexa too here, she was sitting on the bay window which leaked during a huge thunderstorm and she was soaked :sad: i rushed her to 'the bag spa' and she was pretty well resurrected, but they said this was only because the leather was still wet. she has some spots from the humidity since then and im terrified of my new del rey having the same dark marks.

any fellow humidity sufferers on here? is there anyway i can restore this wallet? i don't really want to throw her away but it's an embarrassment to use (haven't used her in over a year).

on the plus side at heathrow when i was still in floods of tears after saying goodbye to my man i treated myself to this cute little pouch. :biggrin:

image-947772072.jpg

image-3886028979.jpg

image-2253995717.jpg

image-2721541616.jpg

No idea, but I know that there is a company in Uk that does restore bags purses etc and they do miracles sometimes. Also cleans up bags in and outside, I have my purple suede Bayswater in there at the moment for cleaning, it's called The Furniture Clinic and they have a bag spa.
Why not send them an email with pictures an ask what they think?
If they cant restore it (which I doubt) then I believe you could get it color changed to a black color instead so the stains would not show so much. Just an idea. :biggrin:
Perhaps you have a local company there who has the same servies? Its worth a try. :biggrin:

Sweet pouch btw :smile:

Baginuse said:
No idea, but I know that there is a company in Uk that does restore bags purses etc and they do miracles sometimes. Also cleans up bags in and outside, I have my purple suede Bayswater in there at the moment for cleaning, it's called The Furniture Clinic and they have a bag spa.
If they cant restore it (which I doubt) then I believe you could get it color changed to a black color instead so the stains would not show so much. Just an idea. :biggrin:
Perhaps you have a local company there who has the same servies? Its worth a try. :biggrin:

oh wow colour change! never thought of that... thanks for the tips!!!

so scared about my del rey getting ruined! no wonder i don't see many mulberrys here.

oh wow colour change! never thought of that... thanks for the tips!!!

so scared about my del rey getting ruined! no wonder i don't see many mulberrys here.

That's a shame. I think it if was me I would consider a different brand as Mulberry handbags don't suit humid conditions. It's a lot of money to spend on something you have to worry about constantly. It doesn't solve your current dilemma of course.

I do like your little pouch, it's really cute. :smile:

GillianAnnie said:
That's a shame. I think it if was me I would consider a different brand as Mulberry handbags don't suit humid conditions. It's a lot of money to spend on something you have to worry about constantly. It doesn't solve your current dilemma of course.

I do like your little pouch, it's really cute. :smile:

oh dear!!! my only saving grace is that at least the BF del rey is already dark, and if i use it everyday she will be in AC most of the time. ill be moving back to the UK this year anyway so maybe no more mulberry until then!

Baginuse said:

I've also used the Furniture Clinic for my Chanel. its in Newcastle but you just post items. I highly recommend them :smile: