Alto Bag Missing a Registration Number

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
I should have asked more questions before I made this eBay purchase, but it never occurred to me a bag would arrive without a registration number.

The Alto bag was listed as NWOT and did not show a registration card. The seller appears to have a relatively small eBay business and 100% positive feedback. I think she lives within 10 miles of a Dooney outlet.

Anyway, my other Alto bags have an adhesive sticker that seems easy to remove and not a sewn in the seam.

While I have been collecting D&B handbags for over 17 years, this bag was an unfamiliar style. I usually purchase from a brick and mortar (a dear family friend has a shop and knows Peter Dooney), QVC, or I order online. Three times I braved it and made an eBay purchase for a D&B.

I don't want to appear to be questioning the seller, because I once had a buyer accuse me of selling a fake Dooney on eBay. The bag was originally purchased from QVC and I had the original receipt, but she insisted I had sold her a fake bag. Since I was selling the bag as used, she was angry because the bag was in too good of a condition and I sent the bag in a new box with crisp new tissue paper. She said nobody sends used merchandise in a nice box. I never knew treating someone's purchase with respect would cause such a headache.

So you can see why I do not want to question a seller. It looks like the same leather and quality of my other Alto's. My huge collection (LOL) of four other Alto bags.

I should have asked more questions before I made this eBay purchase, but it never occurred to me a bag would arrive without a registration number.

The Alto bag was listed as NWOT and did not show a registration card. The seller appears to have a relatively small eBay business and 100% positive feedback. I think she lives within 10 miles of a Dooney outlet.

Anyway, my other Alto bags have an adhesive sticker that seems easy to remove and not a sewn in the seam.

While I have been collecting D&B handbags for over 17 years, this bag was an unfamiliar style. I usually purchase from a brick and mortar (a dear family friend has a shop and knows Peter Dooney), QVC, or I order online. Three times I braved it and made an eBay purchase for a D&B.

I don't want to appear to be questioning the seller, because I once had a buyer accuse me of selling a fake Dooney on eBay. The bag was originally purchased from QVC and I had the original receipt, but she insisted I had sold her a fake bag. Since I was selling the bag as used, she was angry because the bag was in too good of a condition and I sent the bag in a new box with crisp new tissue paper. She said nobody sends used merchandise in a nice box. I never knew treating someone's purchase with respect would cause such a headache.

So you can see why I do not want to question a seller. It looks like the same leather and quality of my other Alto's. My huge collection (LOL) of four other Alto bags.
I'm not an expert, but I've gotten new Altos, directly from Dooney without any visible tags inside. Sometimes, there is a tag sewn into the seam of a pocket, but it's hard to find as the tag is tiny and the leather is very structured.

Reactions: starbucksqueen