Alternative for my metallic black with silver chain 226 reissue!

inbrazil20

Jan 7, 2007
Hey guys, I've recently fell in love with Chanel, and my first bag was the 226 Mettalic black with silver chain reissue. I contemplated getting the classic flap with gold chains but couldn't be more happy with my mettalic black/silver chain reissue.

I'm 21, so I go out a lot, bars, clubbing, and this bag is PERFECT for it. The size, the chain is pratical for going out, the mettalic black color is simply perfect for every night occasion. Also since it's not so small, it's good for day use too.

The point is, I wear this bag almost every single weekend day. I need a new black chanel to alternate with it. I've been considering the original-everybody owns-classic medim flap with gold chains. But do anyone have other suggestions?

Also, I would like to know if my bag is really the 226 and not the 227. I mean it is big for going out at night but medium for the day. It's not the size of the classic flap jumbo but its bigger than the classic flap medium. It'a the perfect size.

Also, what do you guys think of the classic flap jumbo for the night??

thanks!

A good alternative would be a classic flap in either lambskin or caviar in either medium/large or jumbo. The jumbo holds more while the medium/large has the extra interior flap that makes it too snug to hold much. I find the east -west flap to hold just as much as the medium/large and cheaper too. IMO, the jumbo is too big for clubbing unless you carry a lot, which doesn't sound like you do. It makes a great day bag. Caviar is essentially maintenance free, while lambskin is high maintenance and scratches easily.

As for the size 226 and 227, this should help:

Originally Posted by jadore_chanel
new reissue sizes:
A37586 $2425: 9 1/2"w x 6"h x 3"d
A37587 $2695: 11"w x 6 3/4"h x 3 3/8"d
A37590 $2850: 12 1/2"w x 7 1/2"h x 3 3/4"d
A37591 $3495: 13 3/4"w x 8 1/4"h x 4 3/4"d

The third one ($2695) is the size 226. The fourth ($2850) is the size 227. If you measure you bag, you will discover if yours is 226 or 227.

If you're going out clubbing, the jumbo might be a tad too big. I would go for a E/W or just stick to the classic flap. I love the gold chains - they make the bag totally classic and luxurious.

I would suggest a medium evening star. It's patent with sparkles. You can't see the sparkles until you get really close. That's the bling factor. It also has gold hardware on it. I use it as an everyday bag. But I can also use it to go to dinner. And you can definitely use it to go clubbing. I love it. HTH

Girlies, thanks SO much.

My problem with the classic caviar flap with gold chains is that EVERYONE in Sao Paulo has one. Seriously, in the fancy clubs they are like a uniform you know... most girls are holding their classic flap with gold (or silver) chains! My two best friends have it, so does my stepmom and so on, so I just borrow theirs at times... I would still like one, because it IS a classic, but I would love another bag/more unique. That's why I suggested the jumbo because not a lot of people have it, but I can buy for a different purpose since it's probably too big.

I am going to search for the East west, evening star and ultimate soft, but if you guys already have pics, please post!