Altering wool blend coat and trench coat?

Jan 26, 2010
Hey! I have a Burberry trench coat and a Burberry wool blend coat. I purchased both last year and have lost quite weight since then. When I purchased the coats, i bought them a little loose so that i could wear layers under when its cold. Now theyre wayyy too big on me. Would I be able to alter them? I don't want to ruin them since I paid good money for them. I bought both of them at the outlets. Do you think it would be a good idea to alter it and can i be done? I really love these two coats and would like to be able to wear it. I didn't even wear the Burberry wool coat all that much last winter because it wasn't that cold of a winter.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks (:

Hey! I have a Burberry trench coat and a Burberry wool blend coat. I purchased both last year and have lost quite weight since then. When I purchased the coats, i bought them a little loose so that i could wear layers under when its cold. Now theyre wayyy too big on me. Would I be able to alter them? I don't want to ruin them since I paid good money for them. I bought both of them at the outlets. Do you think it would be a good idea to alter it and can i be done? I really love these two coats and would like to be able to wear it. I didn't even wear the Burberry wool coat all that much last winter because it wasn't that cold of a winter.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks (:

you absolutely can. did you see the thread in this forum where someone altered a very lg size, like a 14 to a 2 (or something like that)? as long as you get a good tailor, the fashion world is your oyster.

Yes the key is an outstanding tailor and they are very very hard to find. If the coats are waaaaaay to big as you've said, I would just sell them while they are in great condition so you can get decent money back and look around for something else. If you risk getting them altered and they don't look so good, then you will just have expensive dusters at home.....

I had a tailor (gone now :sad:) who altered a leather coat down 4 sizes so yes it can be done. The tailor will usually take the coat apart and make paper patterns of each piece, then they will scale the patterns down and cute the pieces to fit and resew. Et voila!

Burberry have an alteration service, I wonder if they can help you or tell you where to go if they can't.