Alma damier pm or prada saffiano - help pls

I am a total LV addict but I saw the saffiano the other day and I love it.
The colours and style are just devine!
I think the alma in de is boring in comparison!!
Good luck deciding.

dangerouscurves said:
The reason why I suggested Vernis is because Alma is a structured bag and the canvas may lose it's shape. I had a Prada Saffiano bag and after two years the bag also lost it's shape. I don't think Vernis is too dressy. You can wear it with jeans and T-shirt. I can't give you any opinion on epi leather as I never have any experience with it :smile:

Thank you for your insights. I really love the classic look of the saffiano but always have doubts because I read of so many issue with the bag loosing it shape and poor quality in recent years. I will definitely have to visit lv boutique to look at the vermis again as an added option. :smile:

znzngo said:
I'm bias...I love my Alma DE :graucho:
Just not sure if it's a great everyday bag though!

Is there a reason why it's not an everyday bag? I consider DE because it seem more casual than the Epi line. I'm not monogram gal so DE is more of a subtle everyday lv to me.

Prada Saffiano is a lovely, classy bag, but I vote for Alma! There's a reason it's been around since the 1930's...because it's a truly timeless and elegant bag. You mentioned DE or black Epi; both are gorgeous and worry-free! If you are looking for a hand-held bag, you cannot go wrong with an Alma.

Is there a reason why it's not an everyday bag? I consider DE because it seem more casual than the Epi line. I'm not monogram gal so DE is more of a subtle everyday lv to me.
Your right! If your a handheld type of gal It definitely can be use as an everyday bag. It does fit quite a bit to include an Ipad ;)
I guess I was basing it on how I use my purses. For handheld bags, I use my Speedy more for my everyday workhorse bag. Except for my old mono Alma. My other 2 Alma which is Epi and DE I use them more for special outings or when I'm in a mood :biggrin:

Thank you ladies for all your votes and comments. I finally went to the SCP boutique today to look at the DE alma in person as I was leaning towards getting it. But now I'm sort of torn... I didn't feel the wow factor! I was carrying it and trying to wear it with the long strap but I just didn't feel the spark. I checked out black Epi too and again it was just ok. Then I try carrying the vernis in the dark purple color (amarante??) and that stood out!! I though oh wow like it. well that didnt last long... I then see those nasty lil finger prints on the bag. The SA told me that that's the #1 complaints about vernis so now I'm back to being indecisive. :sad:

Oh the pressure of making decision prior to the price increase which I confirmed will be on the 18th.

Alma PM is too small, IMO so I vote for Prada. If it was the Alma GM then my vote is for Alma!
If you're getting the Prada, please look over and inspect the bag. There seems to be a lot of glazing issues. Check the four corners to make sure the stitchings are good!