Alma Amarante question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello to you all !

So today I went to LV to try on the Alma Vernis in amarante color...
    Of all the pictures I´ve seen of the bag, in my eyes its deep red, wine red.
    At the boutique today I thought the same...but my SA told me its purple (??) she said Amarante means purple in french but I can't see the purple. Is it just me ??
    I wanted to take her out in the daylight and see for myself..

Ladies, if you have this gorgeous bag could you please post a pic of her in daylight ?? I am thinking of buying her tomorrow and don't want to get disappointed when I leave the store.

Thanks !

2. [​IMG]
    It's 100% all about the lighting with the amarante color. I love it, but wouldn't refer to it as purple. It's a deep burgundy to brown. The best part is the sparkle in certain lighting. The only drawback for me is the "smeary" fingerprints. I wipe mine off frequently with the cloth they provide. I think it's beautiful.

ExcuseMee likes this.
  3. Completely agree with this. I have an Alma BB in Amarante and have always thought of it as more burgundy wine. This is the translation of French to English of the word. I think it describes it accurately. Don't know where they got purple. That's interpretation. "Couleur rouge Bordeaux"

4. I have an Amarante Vernis Alma BB and Amarante Vernis zippy coin purse. I definitely consider it a burgundy/ Bordeaux . I find this color very versatile. It looks fabulous with navy, black, brown, grey, Ivory...it's a very unique, sophisticated shade. In the Alma, it is stunning!

5. Gorgeous color!

BTW, I :heart: your alias. ;)

6. Thank you ! Yes I noticed the finger prints yesterday but it doesn't bother me I'll just use the cloth :smile:

7. 😃😃😃👏🏼👏🏼