Allen v Farrow

I think it’s pretty clear I lean towards believing both Woody to be guilty of the allegations; and Mia being a crappy parent.
I try to take things with a grain of salt but if what Moses said about his siblings is true then that would pretty much make Mia pathological. and the thing about her basically stealing andre previn from his wife (her friend) is creepy too

Previn is dead so we won't be hearing from him on this

Reactions: lulilu and zen1965
I try to take things with a grain of salt but if what Moses said about his siblings is true then that would pretty much make Mia pathological. and the thing about her basically stealing andre previn from his wife (her friend) is creepy too

Previn is dead so we won't be hearing from him on this

I think Moses is writing his truth, but it seems the kids are equally split on their feelings about Mia.

However, Woody is, has, and always will a be a creep - I don’t think you can forget his own behaviour outside of his relationship with Mia and not believe Dylan’s allegations also happened.

I think Moses is writing his truth, but it seems the kids are equally split on their feelings about Mia.

However, Woody is, has, and always will a be a creep - I don’t think you can forget his own behaviour outside of his relationship with Mia and not believe Dylan’s allegations also happened.
not certain who to believe but I will watch the second episode

This article is from 2018 and it speaks volumes. It's written by Mia Farrow's son who was 14 years old at the time of the alleged incident, so his memory is more mature compared to a four year old (or younger, because Sasha a/k/a Ronan is the youngest). The HBO documentary is entirely from Mia Farrow's perspective. Remember, when you see video footage of Woody Allen with only his daughter, it doesn't mean that's all there is - it means that's all they used to make this documentary... Mia Farrow has been a strange, manipulative person her entire career.

I haven't watched yet, and some of the things I've read about Woody creep me out. It's nice to read this perspective as well. It seems like Mia has her own demons and there was plenty of abuse going on in that household. Two children who committed suicide? Most of them seem to have severe psychological issues. It's very sad. Why adopt children if you're going to put them through hell? Was Mia trying to show the world she had a perfect family when she was one of the roots of evil in their lives? I don't know who to believe. If Dylan was truly molested, that's a horrendous thing to go through at any age, but especially when that young, and Woody should be held accountable. If it was planted in her head by Mia, then Mia should be held accountable. I'm not sure we'll ever truly know what happened. It's nice to have multiple perspectives though.

Reactions: chowlover2
Yes! I think she was served on the set.
Interesting that the movie was directed by Roman
And what was it? Two years after Frank she married Previn.........16 years her senior
Do we see a pattern here?

I wonder if she and John Derek ever crossed paths......................:angel:
And she had an affair with Previn who was married to her friend and got pregnant by him? What an F'ed up life she's had. She's no saint either. Like maris.crane said, like attracts like.

Reactions: kemilia and lulilu
I tried watching this last night. It's so disturbing I had to turn off my TV and start my breathing exercises. I just can't even watch it, let alone discuss it.

This is all I have to say on this show/ matter. I'll shut up now.

Same. My husband put this on last night and we were both cringing and I had to walk away. I’ve always found WA to be gross (probably bc of his relationship with SY) and to listen to him discuss how young women would allegedly come on to him...

I know there are people who adopt or foster children because they love children but I get suspicious when people adopt children from ethnic backgrounds different from their own (white savior? Secret fetish? Etc). The poster who compared the family to Angelina Jolie is spot on. Are you adopting these kids because you want to raise them as your own or are you adopting them to collect them?

I only lasted 15 minutes. blech
I still haven't watched it, and am not sure I want to. Just reading about it is disturbing enough. I couldn't get through all of Neverland, and the part I did watch left me feeling horribly disturbed, and I haven't been able to listen to MJ songs ever since.

Growing up my Mom always taught me like attracts like, and the longer I live the more I find that to be true. I think if we knew the truth on both sides, we would find them to both be creeps. I feel terrible for all the kids involved. Not at all for Woody or Mia.
100%!

I found the second episode less compelling. Between seeing the first one and reading the posts here (Moses article esp) the cases for both sides had been made for me. I still don't really think we will ever know for sure whether Woody is guilty of molestation. They cited two occasions - one when he had his head in Dylan's lap and one when he disappeared with her and she said he did something - not sure if it was rape or something else.
Usually when fathers molest their young daughters I think it's a frequent occurrence, no?

I thought it was interesting that mia said previn left her for her friend. someone here posted that he had left Dory for Mia. So I guess he was a dog.

Mia paints a pretty picture of her family of origin. Could be she has some mental health issues. We didn't see adult Ronan in this documentary, did we? That seems strange as I think he was supportive of Dylan's story and he is now a well known journalist.

Last edited:
Reactions: baghagg
We didn't see adult Ronan in this documentary, did we? That seems strange as I think he was supportive of Dylan's story and he is now a well know journalist.

Well... One takeaway could be since there is a working relationship between HBO and Ronan Farrow, that as a journalist maybe he's simply sitting this one out.

Also, Satchel a/k/a Ronan was the baby of this family and as such it is highly unlikely he has any relevant or independent memory of the incidents in question.

While it is possible of course that WA is guilty, one has to wonder why MF hired Alan Dershowitz and tried to extort WA for literally millions of dollars to keep it all quiet, which WA refused. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, it was WA who went straight to court for custody, blowing the lid off the whole story.

For the record, I'm not a WA fan and he is a f#*#ing putz for the whole Soon Yi affair. The whole story from beginning to end is tragic, and I hope the remaining children find peace.