All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

New question, Fendi lovers! Please help me out here!!

I purchased the Essentially (smallest Essentially size) a week ago in olive green. I still have a weak to exchange it if I like.

I love the colour (I was debating between the olive green and the rich brown colour).

However I’ve been reluctant to wear it! It looks strange sitting on my stand among the other Peekaboos I own (all Iconic).

I have a Medium iconic and two mini Iconics (one in nappa and one in Selleria) which I ADORE!! They’re my favourite bags!

I think I prefer the look of the Iconic to the Essentially.

What are others’ thoughts?

The leather on the Essentially is amazing and obviously the quality is breathtaking but the leather doesn’t really sit the way I like. It almost bulges at the base where it’s been stuffed. The turnlock looks quite large in comparison to the Iconic turnlock which seems more “balanced” in appearance.

Unlike the Iconic, the Essentially hardware seems to knock against each other just by holding it against the body due to the very soft, malleable leather.

I totally bought it for the beautiful colour and to have something “different” in my collection. It’s still nice (it’s a Peekaboo - I love them all). But I’ve realised I definitely prefer the Iconic. The mini Iconics look great on my frame. The Essentially feels too chunky?
My medium Iconic is black and I still feel that it’s not too big particularly because it has a balanced, tailored look. I also tend to use it more as a winter bag against heavier clothing like coats and it just looks so good!

Are you team Iconic or team Essentially and why?

Thanks in advance for people’s insight!! Xxx

Team iconic here. I loves the traditional shape of the original peekaboo and I even favour mine in nappa leather!

I actually really prefer the shape of the essentially! I think it looks more chic and modern and fresh. Loving mine!
SO interesting!! Thanks. Definitely agree that it looks more modern and chic (compared at least to the mini Iconics. My medium iconic is such a “boss *****” bag lol).

I’m still playing around with them and comparing the bags. I feel like the Essentially has a bit more of a “serious” formal vibe? At least compared to the mini Iconics. I put the strap on and undid the side tabs and it looks less “formal”. Also, it’s quite heavy and I haven’t even put any of my things inside for fear of damaging the bag should I wish to exchange. Does the weight bother you?

I suppose if I did exchange it I’d go for either a mini Iconic Selleria in black or the medium Iconic in dove grey.

I love the colour of my Essentially. Still undecided on its form.

Keen to hear people’s opinions! I feel like the SAs themselves have a strong preference for one model over the other.

SO interesting!! Thanks. Definitely agree that it looks more modern and chic (compared at least to the mini Iconics. My medium iconic is such a “boss *****” bag lol).

I’m still playing around with them and comparing the bags. I feel like the Essentially has a bit more of a “serious” formal vibe? At least compared to the mini Iconics. I put the strap on and undid the side tabs and it looks less “formal”. Also, it’s quite heavy and I haven’t even put any of my things inside for fear of damaging the bag should I wish to exchange. Does the weight bother you?

I suppose if I did exchange it I’d go for either a mini Iconic Selleria in black or the medium Iconic in dove grey.

I love the colour of my Essentially. Still undecided on its form.

Keen to hear people’s opinions! I feel like the SAs themselves have a strong preference for one model over the other.
I like the Essentially more than the original, and more than any other variant of the Peekaboo. it has such beautiful clean lines.

Torn between a blue medium baguette and a mini grey selleria peekaboo. My first fendi buy since I am not into logos. I love the look of the grey peekaboo with silver hardware but I also love the navy blue baguette (minus the logo). Most baguettes do not appeal to me but this blue one is low key and a seasonal color (and might not come back). Will the grey peekaboo stay in stock until next Christmas at least? What do you think? Please help. Honestly, I love both but which one first?

I like the Essentially more than the original, and more than any other variant of the Peekaboo. it has such beautiful clean lines.
Agree! I like the essentially size and style because as you mention it looks fresh/modern. I have 3 peekaboos, 2 iconic in regular size (both selleria) and 1 essentially. I love all of them. I was considering the mini iconic but it is too small for me and i don't want to scratch my hands with the hardware every time i use it lol I suppose if you have a rather small body friend, the mini would look better.

Hi everyone! I'm beginning to explore the possibility of buying my first Fendi, and fell in love with the Peekaboo. I'm considering the medium size in the Selleria leather for durability. However, when I see them on the preloved market, most seem to have lost their structure and look really floppy. Has anyone tried the Samorga inserts for a medium Peekaboo? I've never used a bag organizer before--will they help maintain the structure? Would they make a medium Selleria too heavy? Thanks so much!

Reactions: Catherine1288
thank you @Yinglin. yesss the peekaboo is a definite 10/10. i hav never liked any baguette except this one n it's a 9/10 for me coz of the FF logo. its a hard pick. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::heart:

The dark grey mini Selleria Iconic Peekaboo is likely to be in stock still at Christmas time. I think it’s a permanent piece?
I have the same bag in the dove grey colour and ADORE IT! It’s so user friendly and keeps its structure really well. I have considered getting another such as the grey one you like or even the black.
I have other Peekaboos (mediums, an Essentially and a mini nappa iconic) and I LOVE using the mini Selleria iconic as the leather is just so durable and the craftsmanship incredible.

I too HATE logos (although strangely I agree that the Chanel CCs don’t bother me lol) and for this reason I just can’t get along with the new version of the baguette, in spite of the high Fendi quality.

One possible consideration is price and... price increases!
The Peekaboo is an expensive bag (the quality speaks to this so I’m not too upset about its very high price tag). I’m Peekaboo obsessed and am keen to buy more in future if possible. I live in Australia and my SA only just informed me of a price increase to some Fendi items. Peekaboos have not yet been included in this price increase but given that there hasn’t been a price increase on Peekaboos since January 2020 (in Australia at least) I anticipate a possible price increase on bags before the end of this year.

As the Peekaboo is quite an expensive bag you may want to prioritise this purchase first?

Let us know what you’re thinking of doing xx

Reactions: BB8 and bambita