All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

I just discovered the Peekaboo Essential which seems to be a perfect size for what I need, in between medium and large. Any of you who own or seen one IRL have thoughts and opinions to share?

Any intel on the price of the Essential?

Reactions: Dannadrew
I just discovered the Peekaboo Essential which seems to be a perfect size for what I need, in between medium and large. Any of you who own or seen one IRL have thoughts and opinions to share?

It's a beautiful bag - I believe it's exclusive to the boutiques. I'm afraid I don't remember the price. They are coming out with a medium version this spring - definitely on my list!

It's a beautiful bag - I believe it's exclusive to the boutiques. I'm afraid I don't remember the price. They are coming out with a medium version this spring - definitely on my list!

Do you know if the medium version will be bigger or smaller than the Essential that is currently in the boutiques? What do you think of it compared to the regular Peekaboo?

I love the color of the bag in your avatar, by the way!

I don't own the bag but I think the streamlined nature of the Essential is stunning! Definitely my favourite design of the women's Peekaboo range.

Do you know if the medium version will be bigger or smaller than the Essential that is currently in the boutiques? What do you think of it compared to the regular Peekaboo?

I love the color of the bag in your avatar, by the way!

Thank you!

The new one will be smaller. I actually didn't try on the current version in the store, unfortunately (I had my eye on a mini pink selleria Peekaboo that I eventually purchased :biggrin:). The current version Essential is a little too big for me. I don't know if they are still up, but the smaller version was actually available for pre-order on the Fendi Japan site last month, if you want to get dimensions! (They had both sizes for sale, so I'm assuming both will be available, and they are not phasing out the larger size.)

I don't own the bag but I think the streamlined nature of the Essential is stunning! Definitely my favourite design of the women's Peekaboo range.

Thank you!

The new one will be smaller. I actually didn't try on the current version in the store, unfortunately (I had my eye on a mini pink selleria Peekaboo that I eventually purchased :biggrin:). The current version Essential is a little too big for me. I don't know if they are still up, but the smaller version was actually available for pre-order on the Fendi Japan site last month, if you want to get dimensions! (They had both sizes for sale, so I'm assuming both will be available, and they are not phasing out the larger size.)

I was able to see the Essential in person yesterday and indeed it's gorgeous. Very sleek and minimalist, though I think I'd jazz it up with a charm for fun. The larger size is actually more practical for work for me, though the medium looks better on my frame. Also saw this amazing Monster bag in the same color leather in the medium, but with GHW, and am torn!

I have been wanting something Monster for awhile, and think that a peekaboo idea is perfect with the eyes. The Essential would probably pair effortlessly with more outfits, but the Monster is so special, though I wonder if I'd get tired of it after awhile. Am also a bit worried about the light color as I don't baby my bags, but I don't have any other light color bags so would be a nice addition. Help me decide!

peekaboo.jpg

Reactions: minoxa33
I came back from Paris last week with a new friend and I'm completely in love and obsessed! Meet my new mini peekaboo! It's ivory nappa leather, the strap and handle are water snake, and it has the bug eyes in the interior! I debated between this one and the classic black mini peekaboo for what must have been 15 minutes in the store (haha). I am really adverse to white/ivory bags for practical reasons, but I loved the bug eye interior and the contrast between the ivory and the black. Thanks for letting me share!!

Hi Xlana, just noticed you have the mini version of the Monster PAB that I'm considering, in medium size. I think it's fabulous - whimsical yet refined at the same time. How are the light colored leather and the python handles holding up? Do you carry it often, and do you find it easy to pair with outfits? Thanks for your thoughts!

I was able to see the Essential in person yesterday and indeed it's gorgeous. Very sleek and minimalist, though I think I'd jazz it up with a charm for fun. The larger size is actually more practical for work for me, though the medium looks better on my frame. Also saw this amazing Monster bag in the same color leather in the medium, but with GHW, and am torn!

I have been wanting something Monster for awhile, and think that a peekaboo idea is perfect with the eyes. The Essential would probably pair effortlessly with more outfits, but the Monster is so special, though I wonder if I'd get tired of it after awhile. Am also a bit worried about the light color as I don't baby my bags, but I don't have any other light color bags so would be a nice addition. Help me decide!

View attachment 3920317

Oh, yes, I saw the monster Peekaboo
- it is very cute! Only you know what you like the best, but I have to admit - in your shoes I would buy the Essential and then a monster wallet to go with it! :biggrin:

View attachment 3920317
I suggest the Essential. Such an extraordinary bag!

The Monster is so fun, but the python handle may be more delicate. I also think the Essential is more "timeless" than the Monster design.

I suggest the Essential. Such an extraordinary bag!

The Monster is so fun, but the python handle may be more delicate. I also think the Essential is more "timeless" than the Monster design.

Oh, that's a good point. The python handle is totally delicate! I'm still surprised by the python handle on my new mini Peekaboo (photo is up above in this thread about 2 pages back - it's the pink one). It's not a problem, as long as you're resigned to the scales lifting. If that will trouble you, however, I would recommend avoiding the monster Peekaboo.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe