All about the Puff...Puffer bags!

@Moxisox - Is this the sealer that you recommend (blue label)?

View attachment 5052319
Yes, that’s it. The satin finisher would work well too. Make sure to shake well before using. Also, it will go on a milky white color. On the black leather it’ll also look like it has a blue undertone when applied. Don’t freak out, it’ll dry clear. I do 2-3 light coats only on the corners allowing them to dry in between. It’ll add a bit of a protective coat on them.

Reactions: Moxisox
Yes, that’s it. The satin finisher would work well too. Make sure to shake well before using. Also, it will go on a milky white color. On the black leather it’ll also look like it has a blue undertone when applied. Don’t freak out, it’ll dry clear. I do 2-3 light coats only on the corners allowing them to dry in between. It’ll add a bit of a protective coat on them.
I’m a newbie but I’m thirsty for knowledge. Great info. Glad to be here.

Gorgeous Congrats!!
Thank you!

I’m also obsessed with the black on black small puffer. I held one the other day. So soft. I wonder how long the black chain lasts? Is there a treatment for that?
Unfortunately, all black hardware (regardless of brand) is more prone to chipping vs. silver, gold or brass. There’s nothing you can really do to prevent it. And not all bags with black hardware will chip (you just never know). I have known people who have used black paint made for metal (can just be rustoleum), on chipped hardware. I’ve used it myself on silver hardware that I messed up when using pliers to remove a link (chain was twisted and it drove me nuts). As long as it’s allowed to dry properly it holds up very well.

Reactions: thundercloud
Thank you!

Unfortunately, all black hardware (regardless of brand) is more prone to chipping vs. silver, gold or brass. There’s nothing you can really do to prevent it. And not all bags with black hardware will chip (you just never know). I have known people who have used black paint made for metal (can just be rustoleum), on chipped hardware. I’ve used it myself on silver hardware that I messed up when using pliers to remove a link (chain was twisted and it drove me nuts). As long as it’s allowed to dry properly it holds up very well.
Thank you!

Thanks for responding. I want it so bad. It’s the most contemporary bag IMO. I also love the all black puffy Valentino with studs.

Thank you!

Do the chain really get damaged overtime from pulling ? I was trying a LouLou at the store and every time I tried to get the chains out they got stuck and I wasn’t able to get them to go through. The bag was gorgeous otherwise but seems like over time it would cause huge damage to the chains.

Do the chain really get damaged overtime from pulling ? I was trying a LouLou at the store and every time I tried to get the chains out they got stuck and I wasn’t able to get them to go through. The bag was gorgeous otherwise but seems like over time it would cause huge damage to the chains.
I haven’t had mine for very long, but it doesn’t seem like they would get damaged very easily. I also haven’t had any issues with the chain getting stuck or anything. But one thing I did notice, is there are some that have twisted chains. There’s no way to untwist them due to the way they’re attached to the bag. They’re just attached wrong and twisted to begin with. That could be a possibility as to why the one in store was being problematic. If you do get one with the double chains, make sure to check them first.

Today I realized the organizer for my LV PA fits in my Mini Puffer. It’s not a perfect fit, because the PA is a bit longer; but it works good enough. This one is made of the thinner, softer, and more flexible felt. I like using my SLG’s in DA during the summer, and was hesitant with the Mini Puffer since the interior is black. But this fixes that too. It does reduce the capacity, but it’s nice to have options. 4BF887F3-077C-46A6-A9A5-C90877E5CC26.jpeg.
2CB75AAD-AD78-48DD-A054-3ABD0B3FF17D.jpeg