Scarves Alice Shirley Fan Club

Your photos are lovely!!! My DD attended the event and also enjoyed meeting the artists. She said they are all very nice. She met both of you while waiting to have her photo taken with Alice :biggrin: and sends her greetings! Lanit, DD is most impressed with your scarf collection! I told her you have an amazing collection and always so beautifully tied. Cygne, she took your photo with Alice :biggrin:, and enjoyed your conversation together! What a small world and how cool is that!!!

Ahahahaha!! Tell her I said hello and thank you! She is so sweet. Totally a small world!!

Reactions: Moirai
Your photos are lovely!!! My DD attended the event and also enjoyed meeting the artists. She said they are all very nice. She met both of you while waiting to have her photo taken with Alice :biggrin: and sends her greetings! Lanit, DD is most impressed with your scarf collection! I told her you have an amazing collection and always so beautifully tied. Cygne, she took your photo with Alice :biggrin:, and enjoyed your conversation together! What a small world and how cool is that!!!
Delighted to return your DD’s greetings dear Moirai! So very wonderful to hear she enjoyed her time! The timing of our attendance was so perfect to allow us all the opportunity to converse with each artist at leisure and it was such a pleasure to find such an open and engaging and creative group! I am so proud to have a few of their designs and can’t wait for Octave and Theo’s Peony silk. :heart::hugs:

Reactions: scarf1 and Moirai
She was as charming and sweet as everyone has said! I wasn’t able ask all the questions due to a long line of people waiting behind me, here are some answers:
Anything in the next season?
Yes, one in spring (butterfly wing design, there’s a picture in the SS19 thread) and two in the AW season. She showed me a flat photo of the spring scarf and told me it’s name but I forgot it, d’oh. I asked if she names all her designs and she said sometimes but that H named this one - they usually like them to sound pretty in French.

Have you ever not been keen on a cw?
No, sometimes she’s been surprised, like in the Into the Canadian Wild that she had up behind her in her station, which she described as “a bit psychedelic” but the colors work well together when tied.

Do you wear scarves yourself?
Yes, she enjoys wearing them, especially since she gets an artist’s copy. I followed up with “how does it feel to wear your own designs?” And she said it’s lovely but she admires some of the other designers’ work and wants those too! (The struggle is real! Scarf artists, they’re just like us! [emoji23]) I asked what her favorite format was and she said since it gets cold in England, the cashmeres are really great.

Has designing for H brought opportunities she wouldn’t have had otherwise?
Yes, absolutely- she was able to get a couple of commissions for an animal conservancy organization, a cause that’s very near and dear to her heart.

Dear @Joannadyne, in the presentation that I attended with Alice Shirley, she had shared that she always submits her work in colors. In the past, her original cw has always been issued but that wasn't the case with Jaquar Quetzal as Hermès only issued cws that fall into their color families.

The other question on how she come to design silks is covered in this interview here. :smile:

Hope you have a fabulous time and please report back with answers on your other questions! :flowers: :tender:

Thank you, @weN84 - your knowledge of all things H is truly encyclopedic! I enjoyed reading that article.

She was as charming and sweet as everyone has said! I wasn’t able ask all the questions due to a long line of people waiting behind me, here are some answers:
Yes, one in spring (butterfly wing design, there’s a picture in the SS19 thread) and two in the AW season. She showed me a flat photo of the spring scarf and told me it’s name but I forgot it, d’oh. I asked if she names all her designs and she said sometimes but that H named this one - they usually like them to sound pretty in French.

No, sometimes she’s been surprised, like in the Into the Canadian Wild that she had up behind her in her station, which she described as “a bit psychedelic” but the colors work well together when tied.

Yes, she enjoys wearing them, especially since she gets an artist’s copy. I followed up with “how does it feel to wear your own designs?” And she said it’s lovely but she admires some of the other designers’ work and wants those too! (The struggle is real! Scarf artists, they’re just like us! [emoji23]) I asked what her favorite format was and she said since it gets cold in England, the cashmeres are really great.

Yes, absolutely- she was able to get a couple of commissions for an animal conservancy organization, a cause that’s very near and dear to her heart.
Thank you for sharing, Joannadyne! You are so kind to take the time to post these questions and answers. I love your line, 'The struggle is real.....' You bring so much joy to me with your pictures and commentary.
I always have a great day when I see your posts. No pressure, but I look forward to them on a daily basis!

Thank you for sharing, Joannadyne! You are so kind to take the time to post these questions and answers. I love your line, 'The struggle is real.....' You bring so much joy to me with your pictures and commentary.
I always have a great day when I see your posts. No pressure, but I look forward to them on a daily basis!

You are so sweet, ladybaga! I’m afraid I’ve been spending more of my time on Instagram these days. (I’m @Joannadyne there, too.) I’ve gone back to lurking here and posting when I have something interesting enough to share since my scarf buying habit has gotten sporadic in the past year.

Back to Alice Shirley, I did confess how she makes me tongue-tied because I’m in awe of her talent and she laughed and very modestly said, “no, no, please don’t feel that way!” I am assuming she meant not to feel tongue-tied and not to not be in awe of her talent! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dear @Joannadyne, in the presentation that I attended with Alice Shirley, she had shared that she always submits her work in colors. In the past, her original cw has always been issued but that wasn't the case with Jaquar Quetzal as Hermès only issued cws that fall into their color families.

The other question on how she come to design silks is covered in this interview here. :smile:

Hope you have a fabulous time and please report back with answers on your other questions! :flowers: :tender:
Thank you, weN84, for the link to Alice Shirley's interview. Very informative and gorgeous photos.

Reactions: Meta

Thank you so much for asking these questions and sharing with us, you truly are the best!! :ps:
Did you like the flat photo of the Spring design, did it appeal to you?
And can we try hypnotizing you in order for you to remember its name? :cray: :lol:

Reactions: keodi and Meta

I always love hearing your reports and interviews Joannadyne! Thank you for taking time to share your insight here!

Reactions: Julide
Sharing her latest design and inspiration behind it:
20190103_093832-jpg.4294998