Alexander Skarsgård

^
That sounds about right, he picks whoever's available.

Alex's category doesn't exist for the TCA awards, but BLL did get some noms:
The runaway success of The Handmaid's Tale shows no signs of stopping, as it leads the nominations for the upcoming Television Critics Association Awards with four nods.
This Is Us and Atlanta also racked up an impressive four nominations each for the 2017 TCA Awards, including lining up against The Handmaid's Tale for Program of the Year.
Big Little Lies and Stranger Things earned three nominations each, and are joined by The Leftovers as the six shows battle it out for the prestigious Program of the Year gong.
The winners of the 33rd annual TCA Awards will be announced later this summer on Saturday, August 5 during the TCA's press tour.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-ha...hings-tca-awards-nominations-big-little-lies/
http://www.goldderby.com/article/20...runners-face-off-first-for-tv-critics-prizes/

Voting for the Emmy nominations ends next week.

Thanks for the info., Buckeye!

From instagram today (June 20, 2017), a new outtake of Alex photographed by Hunter and Gatti for Vs. Magazine (Fall/Winter 2016):

19122406_1379885738733118_6952636640074399744_n.jpg

“#alexander skarsgard by @hunterandgatti @hgartgallery #paint #art #art watchers #rosellon285 #big little lies #pablo.”

-Hunterandgatti instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVkDhyojv0Z/

Reactions: Esizzle
‘Big Little Lies’ Star Alexander Skarsgard on Abuse Scenes: ‘Those Days Were Horrible’ (Video)

“We just kind of had to check in with each other after every take,” HBO show lead tells TheWrap

Linda Ge | June 20, 2017 @ 11:56 AM

Perhaps not surprisingly, “Big Little Lies” star Alexander Skarsgard found the scenes in which his character had to brutally abuse his wife, played by Nicole Kidman, very challenging to shoot.

“It was an extraordinary experience and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner than Nicole, but it was very tough to shoot those physical scenes where I beat her, [those] were horrible to shoot,” Skarsgard told TheWrap, revealing director Jean-Marc Vallee’s naturalistic, organic style of shooting that required long takes. “There were a couple of scenes in the bedroom, it was very violent, they were tough to shoot. Those days were horrible.”
The HBO series actor also revealed the scenes were shot in Los Angeles and he and Kidman had to work to make sure they didn’t take any of the baggage from the day home with them.
See the video above, where Skarsgard also discussed his first audition (it was for “Zoolander”) and whether he’s a binge-watcher or a once-a-weeker when it comes to TV.

“We kind of just had to check in with each other after every take,” Skarsgard said. “Especially at the end of a long day, because it’s so weird going from doing that for 10 to 12 hours… to then jump in your car and you’re in rush hour traffic on your way home. It was very important, after a day of that, to check in with each other. They were obviously physically tough, but emotionally draining [too] and it’s horrible doing that stuff
http://www.thewrap.com/big-little-lies-star-alexander-skarsgard-abuse-scenes-days-horrible-video/

^Thanks, Buckeye!

Here is the pic from The Wrap:

19380091_313983229026721_671588737402011648_n.jpg

“Now on the Site: ‘Big Little Lies’ Star Alexander Skarsgard on Abuse Scenes: ‘Those Days Were Horrible’ (: @corinamariephotography/ Creative Director: @guerin_ad) #emmys #thewrap #biglittlelies #emmyquickie.”

-TheWrap instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVlFvoLAZCt/

Photographer Corina Marie has also shared an untagged version of the pic that appeared in Emmy Magazine on her instagram/website:

19367774_1927446294172430_1193094382425735168_n.jpg

"Why hello #alexanderskarsgård Very scary in #biglittlelies , totally lovely in person. me #creativedirector @guerin_ad #stylist @jeanneyangstyle #alexanderskarsgard."

-CorinaMariePhoto instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVk4TbxFI-d/?taken-by=corinamariephoto

He's not my typical handsome guy. I prefer traditional good looking boys, and for some reason I think he looks wicked. A bit evil. But his performance in Big Little Lies is incredible. The chemistry he has with Nicole Kidman was OFF THE CHARTS!

What are handlers supposed to do? Does he pay his handlers?

Does he pay Bjorne and Keith? Probably not, but they probably get free trips. Are they handlers? Wingmen when he's single? Perhaps? What's a handler, someone who deals with things for him, but I suspect in many cases if it's a professional appearance there are other people to do that now, whether it's the studio, his management, etc.

He's not my typical handsome guy. I prefer traditional good looking boys, and for some reason I think he looks wicked. A bit evil. But his performance in Big Little Lies is incredible. The chemistry he has with Nicole Kidman was OFF THE CHARTS!
Why do you think he looks evil, wicked?

Think the first time I actually saw Bjorn in action was at a Comic Con after party. He helped Alex and Ryan Kwaten maneuver through the paparazzi and autograph seekers. He's done quite a few others over the years. Alex has professionals when he is doing official signings at premieres. It's the off hour stuff like parties and walking between venues that you see Bjorn basically watching Alex's back and running interference when needed. Keith has done it too, though he seems to be there more for the fun and the women. Love how Alex keeps talking on his phone and ignoring everyone in the video.

Last edited:
Emmys 2017: Supporting Actor, Limited Series or Movie — Dream Nominees
By Team TVLine / June 21 2017, 7:13 AM PDT
In 2016, FX’s awards phenom The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story dominated Emmy’s Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie category, snagging three of the six nominations (and yielding the ultimate winner in Sterling K. Brown). While it’s unlikely any single project will sweep the race this year, you can count on acclaimed minis Fargo, Feud and Big Little Lies to snag at least one, possibly two slots apiece.

Emmys 2017: Supporting Actor, Limited Series -- Dream Nominees

But how did the prestige trio fare on our 15th and final Dream Emmy short list? Flip through the gallery to the right — or click here for direct access— to find out, and then weigh in with your own Dream Emmy nominations in the comments.

For the record, Emmy voting is currently underway and will wrap up on June 26. The nominations themselves will be unveiled on July 13. Meanwhile, the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony, hosted by Late Show frontman Stephen Colbert, is set to air on Sunday, Sept. 17 on CBS.
ALEXANDER SKARSGARD, BIG LITTLE LIES
WHY HE DESERVES A NOD: Yep, no way to sugarcoat this: Celeste’s abusive, controlling husband Perry was a real piece of s—t. But that just speaks to how masterful Skarsgard’s performance was. He channeled Perry’s frightening sadistic streak, and also his genuine remorse when he realized he’d gone too far. In a way, it was as brave a performance as his co-star Nicole Kidman’s — portraying the ugly truth of domestic violence without making excuses or tacking on a fake happy ending — and just as deserving of recognition
http://tvline.com/gallery/2017-emmy...ting-actor-dream-emmy-nominations/#!4/alex-s/

Think the first time I actually saw Bjorn in action was at a Comic Con after party. He helped Alex and Ryan Kwaten maneuver through the paparazzi and autograph seekers. He's done quite a few others over the years. Alex has professionals when he is doing official signings at premieres. It's the off hour stuff like parties and walking between venues that you see Bjorn basically watching Alex's back and running interference when needed. Keith has done it too, though he seems to be there more for the fun and the women. Love how Alex keeps talking on his phone and ignoring everyone in the video.

Dang it, I miss the PopCandies videos. Those were gold.

I guess he looks evil to you because of Perry in BLL. He jokes a lot now about how everyone is afraid of him. But he's well known as a very sweet, down-to-earth, funny, likable guy. And I think he's devastatingly handsome, very sexy.

Reactions: Esizzle and Julia_W