Alexa help please

sallylou9

O.G.
Aug 24, 2011
hello, I'm looking for a bag to hold a little more than my Bayswater SBS and am thinking about Alexa as I need a cross body option. However after trying one at Cheshire oaks I found it super fiddly to get in and out unless it is crossbody or you have something to stand it on. For example when u want to put keys away in car park etc. Do you get used to it??
Many TIA!

hello, I'm looking for a bag to hold a little more than my Bayswater SBS and am thinking about Alexa as I need a cross body option. However after trying one at Cheshire oaks I found it super fiddly to get in and out unless it is crossbody or you have something to stand it on. For example when u want to put keys away in car park etc. Do you get used to it??
Many TIA!
i usually attach my car keys at the shoulder strap carabin, this allows me to skip the hassle and search :smile:

Oh ok, good idea. But do you feel that the bag is a hassle to get in and out of generally, with the handle being on the opening lid?
Well, it depends really... if i am in a hurry, i unclip the straps and by slightly lifting up the sides of the flap i can access my wallet, or the phone without actually opening the lock. But it was never a deal-breaker for me

It is a bit fiddly, but not too bad IMO... and I have low tolerance for bags that are high maintenance or difficult to use!

I use an Alexa clutch (has long shoulder strap like regular Alexa but is smaller) all the time as my "running around doing errands" bag and find it perfect for that.
Also have a regular size (not used as much) and am considering an OS one to complete the collection/ because I'm a bit bored [emoji23]

Ha I like the idea of buying bags out of boredom! I just read about them and then can't decide!
It's the perfect size (regular) and I love the style. I just tried a Balenciaga but the zip needed two hands which really put me off as it's tricky unless you have it cross body, and at those prices it would need to be perfect

It is a bit fiddly, but not too bad IMO... and I have low tolerance for bags that are high maintenance or difficult to use!

I use an Alexa clutch (has long shoulder strap like regular Alexa but is smaller) all the time as my "running around doing errands" bag and find it perfect for that.
Also have a regular size (not used as much) and am considering an OS one to complete the collection/ because I'm a bit bored [emoji23]
Do you mind telling me roughly how much the Alexa clutch holds pls, I haven't seen one IRL

Do you mind telling me roughly how much the Alexa clutch holds pls, I haven't seen one IRL

I can try to take a photo later this week, but if it helps I use mine to carry a Mulberry continental purse, iPhone plus (the stupidly big one), folding travel hairbrush and keys - all those things fit fine. It's slightly too small to fit an iPad mini, much to my disappointment! Regular Alexa holds more, but is also a different style and sticks out more at the base (clutch is almost flat)

If you're also considering a Balenciaga Town, I have that bag too and am probably going to sell... love the size and light weight, but not sure about the cord that's threaded round the handles - I've seen many Bal bags in eBay is poor condition, but of course you can also find great examples!

Hope this helps - and I'm happy to help more if I can!

I can try to take a photo later this week, but if it helps I use mine to carry a Mulberry continental purse, iPhone plus (the stupidly big one), folding travel hairbrush and keys - all those things fit fine. It's slightly too small to fit an iPad mini, much to my disappointment! Regular Alexa holds more, but is also a different style and sticks out more at the base (clutch is almost flat)

If you're also considering a Balenciaga Town, I have that bag too and am probably going to sell... love the size and light weight, but not sure about the cord that's threaded round the handles - I've seen many Bal bags in eBay is poor condition, but of course you can also find great examples!

Ah! How do you find the Town? I felt the zip was hard to manage when I held the bag on my forearm, but maybe it was just a sticky zip. I would def be interested if you do decide to sell, maybe you could send me details?
Thanks for offer to photo Alexa, I might have to have both haha!

Hi hope you saw my message, I am interested if u r selling Town, are u able to give me details? Thank you

Just got the Alexa and I thought it would drive me mad By being fiddly and impractical. But no - I just reach down and open the flap with one hand open/close it with no trouble. Doesn't matter if it's on my shoulder or crossbody.
Thank you, that's good, what I'm wondering is how you open and close it when it's Catherine in crook or arm or hand, with handle being on flap?

Hi again, finally got round to taking some comparison pics for you...

Bal Town, regular Alexa and Alexa clutch. Town is tallest (I think- but only marginally) and regular Alexa is slightly wider:
IMG_1506699954.449121.jpg

Depth: regular Alexa sticks out more, Bal kind of takes the shape of what you put in it but stays nice and flat (the top is more structured):
IMG_1506700087.150871.jpg
IMG_1506700098.583712.jpg

And here's what you can fit into the Alexa clutch:
IMG_1506700125.520124.jpg
- continental purse, phone, Kindle, folding hairbrush - there's still room for a few other things. The Bal Town and regular Alexa will fit a medium size iPad (even the mini doesn't quite fit into the Alexa clutch).

Hope these pics help!

Reactions: ksuromax