Aishwarya Rai + Abhishek Bachchan's Wedding

hmmmm....I'm undecided about her. I think she is very gorgeous and a good role model. However, from the few interviews I've read and seen she is quite "high" on herself (i.e. conceited). I remember watching 60 minutes once where the interviewer said, "How do you feel that all of the men in the world believe you to be the most beautiful woman in the world?" And she responded, "Only men? I think you can include women in that sentence as well". Yeah...not so modest, this one.

^ hmm, I believe its a cultural thing. I have met her once in Dubai and she didnt seem conceited or pretentious what so ever. I suppose if you understand the language and see her in indian films and see other footage of her in her own country, speaking her own tounge, its different. Alot of the times the translation from hindi to english is changed because they use words that arent similiar to english words. besides, I mean are you seriously going to base your perception of her soley on a 60 minute interview? ha, thats silly!

anyways, I love her. Has anyone seen doom II? I just watched it, it was soo cute she looked more then amazing, I think its the best I have seen her look, she was deff toned much more then ever!

I think Abhishek looks a bit rough..like he just got up. Aishwarya looks okkkay but not as glamorous as I expected.

I too reckon that Ash's best film is 'Devdas' but Shah rukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit make it extra special. Ash is more of an 'extra' to me....:P

^ hmm, I believe its a cultural thing. I have met her once in Dubai and she didnt seem conceited or pretentious what so ever. I suppose if you understand the language and see her in indian films and see other footage of her in her own country, speaking her own tounge, its different. Alot of the times the translation from hindi to english is changed because they use words that arent similiar to english words. besides, I mean are you seriously going to base your perception of her soley on a 60 minute interview? ha, thats silly!
the 60 minutes interview that she did was spoken in English... i don't know if you mean that it you thought it was conducted in Hindi and translated/subtitled? i have seen bits of it, i'm sure it can be found on youtube. i've heard good and not so good things about her-- some people like her, others think she's snobby (and not just based on one interview either).

i don't know much about bollywood celebs... but Aishwarya gets a lot of international exposure, so i've see her a lot more than others. of course, i think she is gorgeous, but i also feel that plenty of other actresses are also very pretty, if not more attractive. i wouldn't say she's 'the most beautiful woman in the world' or whatever.

the wedding looks lovely, though... she looks beautiful in the pics. i'd like to attend an Indian wedding someday... my SO is Indian, so i'm sure i'll eventually get to tag along to one... lol.

anyways, I love her. Has anyone seen doom II? I just watched it, it was soo cute she looked more then amazing, I think its the best I have seen her look, she was deff toned much more then ever!

Not so sure if it is a cultural thing? She speaks perfect English. :shrugs:

My husband (who loves beautiful women :yes:) saw the same 60 minutes interview and got the same impression of her. If she isn't snobby she sure does appear that way.