Airport - High Heels, Bags, Clothes?

The last time I wore high heels on a plane I got to my hotel, and was unable to check in for a few hours. No problem, I'll just wander around the city. One of my toes is now permanently numb thanks to that. :lol: Now I stick to flats just in case it happens again.

First post on the purse forum. Yay! :smile:

The last time I wore high heels on a plane I got to my hotel, and was unable to check in for a few hours. No problem, I'll just wander around the city. One of my toes is now permanently numb thanks to that. :lol: Now I stick to flats just in case it happens again.

First post on the purse forum. Yay! :smile:

This is my first post, too! :yahoo:

I have horribly flat feet so I never "dress up" for the airport. I have to wear gym shoes when I will be doing alot of walking.

If i'm travelling for work- I have to wear my suit and nice shoes, nice briefcase and carry on.

Leisurely travelling I usually just wear leggings, top, cardi and whatever shoes I want to take with me that won't fit in my bags (usually a cheap pair of casual flats)

I don't have a nice suitcase- no point. You might as well paint a bullseye on it for thieves. I have a cheap one from primark (UK equivalent of Forever 21) and it does the job just fine. As I said with business use I have a wheeled briefcase- Samsonite.

Carry on bag I use my black Le Pilage or my red EPI Keepall 45. Handbag I use a small cross body- Mulberry Antony usually- although this is only when I am travelling for leisure as I can't take a briefcase, carry on and a handbag.

When my travel involves work, I wear whatever jacket/blazer I plan to wear for meetings with skinnies, a t-shirt, scarf, and either low-heeled oxfords/loafers or my 20-hole Docs (in winter weather). If it's not for work, it depends on season. Colder temps usually mean just switching out the jacket for a sweater. Warmer temps might mean a dress with sandals or flats.

Phone, wallet, iPad, bluetooth keyboard, small notebook, pens, bag of cashews, lip balm, hat/gloves (winter), and sunglasses go in whatever bag I've chosen for the trip. All clothes are packed in one of my Timbuk2 Wingmans -- the small if the trip is less than 6 days, the medium if it's up to two weeks -- and taken as carry on. I like to pack lightly, and this is the system that's become most efficient for me over the past few years.

If my travel is yoga-related, I switch out the purse for a Lululemon Carry Me Om tote, because I can slide my yoga mat into the back of it. Clothes still go in one of my Wingman bags.

(It's possible I've spent too much time refining my travel strategies over the years. Hah!)

First and foremost, I go for comfort when traveling. I can't wear heels for long anywhere, so I really can't begin to imagine how awful they'd be in an airport. Usually, I wear leggings and a tunic with a sweater or light jacket, nice shoes (though I might wear jeans and sneakers occasionally depending on how long I'll be stuck traveling) and one of my Le Pliage bags. Thre is almost always a designer bag hidden inside the Le Pliage, as are pieces of nice jewelry. I try to be as inconspicuous as possible in airports. I don't want extra attention on me for my bags/shoes.