Again shafted on PCE

Woohoo! What are you going to use it on? :graucho:
I don't know. I had already convinced myself that I wasn't going to get anything. I am considering Dakotah, mini Gramercy and maybe the Ranger. If I could go to a store that had everything, it would be easier to decide. I've been scared off Ranger and Rhyder by reports of bad leather. I would have to see those and the Gramercy in person to decide. I don't know if I'll make it to a store before the PCE ends.

If the small Dakotah came in red currant, violet or teal, I would get one sight unseen. I think the regular Dakotah is too big for me and the fringed Dakotah is too trendy. I also don't want to pay more for the fringed or larger size when what I really want is the small.
Has anyone received one this week or were they all received last week? I didn't get one (yet?), which would make this the first mail PCE I didn't receive. I purchased a few bags and a number of SLGs this year, so kind of surprised. I did return my only semiannual sale purchase, so perhaps that has something to do with it?
I got my email one this morning. I haven't gotten a mailed PCE in years but I think the mailed PCEs were sent out awhile ago. You might be on the list and it just got lost in the mail.

If the small Dakotah came in red currant, violet or teal, I would get one sight unseen. I think the regular Dakotah is too big for me and the fringed Dakotah is too trendy. I also don't want to pay more for the fringed or larger size when what I really want is the small.

The regular size Dakotah is really not that big. It's more of a medium sized bag, imo. Maybe you can make a paper version to see if it can work for u. I agree that reg sized Dakotah really has a lot of nice colors to choose from. Good luck in deciding.

I don't know. I had already convinced myself that I wasn't going to get anything. I am considering Dakotah, mini Gramercy and maybe the Ranger. If I could go to a store that had everything, it would be easier to decide. I've been scared off Ranger and Rhyder by reports of bad leather. I would have to see those and the Gramercy in person to decide. I don't know if I'll make it to a store before the PCE ends.

I got my email one this morning. I haven't gotten a mailed PCE in years but I think the mailed PCEs were sent out awhile ago. You might be on the list and it just got lost in the mail.

I prefer medium bags, like Sophia or the east west duffle. But, for a flap bag I thought the larger Dakota would be too big for me too. I figured that if I can use a mini Preston I should be good with the small Dakotah.

The regular size Dakotah is really not that big. It's more of a medium sized bag, imo. Maybe you can make a paper version to see if it can work for u. I agree that reg sized Dakotah really has a lot of nice colors to choose from. Good luck in deciding.

Lol! So I'm not the only one who makes a paper version! If I don't have a comparable size bag to determine if it's a good size, I will make a paper version. :shame: Just reading the measurements doesn't work for me sometimes.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Thanks. I'm not concerned with how much it holds but with how it looks on. On the reviews on Coach.com, some of the reviewers said that the regular size is more like a messenger bag. I have a Coach flap bag with similar measurements to the regular but it smooshes down more. I think I'll look at all the modeling photos I can find to help decide.
I prefer medium bags, like Sophia or the east west duffle. But, for a flap bag I thought the larger Dakota would be too big for me too. I figured that if I can use a mini Preston I should be good with the small Dakotah.

Lol! So I'm not the only one who makes a paper version! If I don't have a comparable size bag to determine if it's a good size, I will make a paper version. :shame: Just reading the measurements doesn't work for me sometimes.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
The mini Preston is as small as I like to go. I don't mind a bigger bag even if I can't fill it up because it is easier to get to everything without having to take something out. What I love about Sophia is that it looks smaller than it is but holds a bunch. I think the depth and structure of Dakotah make it look bigger than it is.

I think the price is also holding me back. The only bags I've gotten that were that much or more I ended up returning. The most expensive bag I've kept was $500 before PCE.

Thanks. I'm not concerned with how much it holds but with how it looks on. On the reviews on Coach.com, some of the reviewers said that the regular size is more like a messenger bag. I have a Coach flap bag with similar measurements to the regular but it smooshes down more. I think I'll look at all the modeling photos I can find to help decide.

The mini Preston is as small as I like to go. I don't mind a bigger bag even if I can't fill it up because it is easier to get to everything without having to take something out. What I love about Sophia is that it looks smaller than it is but holds a bunch. I think the depth and structure of Dakotah make it look bigger than it is.

I think the price is also holding me back. The only bags I've gotten that were that much or more I ended up returning. The most expensive bag I've kept was $500 before PCE.

I agree with that statement. Plus, I'm short and don't have a long torso, I think that pulling up the flap on the larger size to get inside the bag would be aggravating for me. Unfortunately for me, there is no FP store anywhere near me so I have to guess at and take chances any time I order online from the FOS or FP. I'll find out Monday whether the small size is a keeper.

Mini Preston is as small as i can go too. I have a new Willis that I love the look of, but the 'pinched & stitched' top of the sides make it harder to use, so I rarely bother.

I agree with that statement. Plus, I'm short and don't have a long torso, I think that pulling up the flap on the larger size to get inside the bag would be aggravating for me. Unfortunately for me, there is no FP store anywhere near me so I have to guess at and take chances any time I order online from the FOS or FP. I'll find out Monday whether the small size is a keeper.

Mini Preston is as small as i can go too. I have a new Willis that I love the look of, but the 'pinched & stitched' top of the sides make it harder to use, so I rarely bother.
I'll be waiting for you to get yours before I make a decision. I'm not tall either. I've been tempted to snip the stitching at the top of the Willis!