Afraid of Buying New LV!

I have purchased both pre-owned and brand new. However, the only pre-owned bags I have were ALMOST new when I bought them used ;) And honestly, ebay isn't bad at all IF you know what to look for, AND you have the bags authenticated before purchasing. I've actually made 4 LV purchases off ebay and I've had NO problems with authenticity.

However, if you're worried about the wear and tear, or water marks on vachetta.. may I suggest a damier ebene bag? A damier ebene speedy will look new longer than a monogram or azur. You don't have to worry about vachetta! I carry my ebene speedy all the time, especially on rainy days!

I own pre-loved items as well as items purchased brand new from the boutique. I've loved the experience in every case. You can find some great deals on eBay; you just have to be patient and find the right Seller. There are many of us tPFers on there who buy and sell all the time and are legit. If you really want the Mono Speedy, I say "go for it," but remember that the vachetta will darken over time, no matter what you do to it. Good Luck deciding!!

I agree with Condy05 - new is the way to go for "your first time" with Louis. Honestly, I'd rather have one very nice thing than 10-20 mediocre things that won't last long in my life. These bags are not things you buy, they are investments. You care for them, you enjoy them, you hold on to them for some time. Should you decide to sell it it holds value relatively well. I'd rather "invest" in a handbag than blow my money on tiny things that won't last.

If Louis is calling your name it's hard to resist the call!

I love buying pre-loved bags online. Some of my favorites have come to me in that way. :heart:

But for my first LV, I wanted the 'boutique' experience. I wanted to see all of the lovely LV items, including the bag charms and agendas and jewelry. I wanted the ambiance of the purchase, the chat with the SA, the box, the dust cover, the shopping bag, and that wonderful receipt in the LV envelope. :smile:

Having done that a few times, I can now I can go back to happily buying them pre-loved!

No matter what you decide, you will love the bag and it will last you many, many, MANY years. Its like others have said in here, try to cut back on the mindless spending or things that have to be raplaced shortly anyways; those sure add up!