Advice wanted for a guy's everyday bag

Hello All; this is my first post here and would be happy to usefully contribute to this excellent forum where I found great information along the last few months.

To revert to the question...
Why not consider a Bosphore backpack? It's only MM unless LV accepts a special order.
I have one, a rather small backpack for a man but big enough to carry a 13" Macbook (and all your stuff as well of course). For me (1m 76) it's the perfect size. Yes, I'm a man (nobody's perfect).

Yes I've read that some people complain about the canvas strap, but others dont. Mine is 2 years old and I have no snagging problem so far.

Now, I admit I do not use it everyday (4 days on 5, I work at home).

Last point about the coton strap: the face in contact with your body is stronger than the other one and indeed looks strong. So if it snags it should not be caused by a cautious wear (well, I hope so... time will tell!).

Now, for sure this bag is great, with its different pockets.

As far as I am concerned, I also use a "Conseiller" (a retired item). But it's not a hand free bag.

Hope you will find your ideal bag.

I still haven't made it to the LV store here, but after all your advices and reading other threads, I now focus on the following selection, which fits my needs (has to be smaller than my Keepall 45 but fit an iPad and daily things):

Monogram (I love this design, but it's not really understatement, what I prefer)
- Messenger MM Beaubourg (755€)
- Valmy MM (960€)
- Messenger Waterproof (1410€) => even tho it might possibly be too big my favorite (but price!?)

Monogram Macassar
- Bass MM (815€)
- Torres (920€) => still no reviews/opinions on this one… but I like it

Damier Ebene
- Beaubourg (675€)
- Brooklyn MM (815€)

Damier Graphite
- Mick MM (845€) => still quite big…
- Daniel MM (790€)

And found a pre-loved Speedy 30 Monogram Stephen Sprouse Green. Cool but no shoulderstrap and 1400€... What do you think?

Maybe my favorites right now are Messenger Waterproof, Torres and Mick MM as they are not typical (and a bit boring) messengers…
Regarding real messengers my favorite could be the Damier Ebene Brooklyn MM.

Comments? Anything missing
i'm a guy and i have the naviglio and love it. fits my ipad perfectly in the outer pockets. i use it everyday!

Finally I made it to my local store on friday. Successfully.

I tested different bags and decided the Mick MM in Damier Graphite will best serve my needs (even tho this bag is bigger than expected)!

It looks awesome and isn't the typical messenger style. Still didn't buy it, but I am sure to do so.

The Brooklyn MM in Damier Ebene is a really nice bag too, but in comparison I prefer the less messenger like Mick.

Well I said to have been successful. But it not only means I finally know what to buy soon, but I actually bought something a size smaller: the Damier Ebene pocket organizer (the little thing you see on the pic) - and I love it.

The Zippy Damier Graphite still has to wait a bit, but hopefully will follow as well...

How do you like my decisions?

picture.php

The Mick is a great choice. The Daniel MM looks great but it's probably my biggest LV regret. It hardly fits my 13 inch macbook and phone. If you don't mind a little femininity the empreinte leather Lumineuse in infini is an extremely durable and practical bag.

Hi all,

I am currently eyeing on the Brooklyn PM and is making plans to save up for it. For you guys who own this gem, how are the reviews on it? My usual stuff which i put in my current bag are wallet, coin pouch, key holder, pen and cigs. Would this Brooklyn PM be ok for my daily carry abouts?

Btw i am a guy here. Hope this Brooklyn bag wouldn't look feminine on guys as i don't wanna attract the wrong attention. I simply just love its design and pattern and hope to someday own it.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I think that's a great bag. I have a gucci (only slightly larger than the Brooklyn PM in cubic inches) small messenger and it's perfect for days when I'm not carrying all my paperwork and other things. I usually put my zpc (yes, it's an lv inside a gucci lol), ipod, umbrella and keys in it. Just as a cross-reference of a bag of similar size, I think it's great. I do think the Brooklyn looks much more masculine in Damier than the Gucci too. I don't think you'll have any trouble with the masculine look of the Damier pattern or the size and shape of the bag on you.

I like the mick. It's sleek and different looking. The two man bags that I carry daily are my keepall 45 in damier graphite and my taiga desrou in grizzly (brown). I absolutely love the taiga. Is stinks that they don't make it anymore because it is by far my favorite men's bag. Perhaps you can find one preloved? I will attach a pic.

Attachments

• image-2766699387.jpg
    image-2766699387.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 539
lvaddict89 said:
I like the mick. It's sleek and different looking. The two man bags that I carry daily are my keepall 45 in damier graphite and my taiga desrou in grizzly (brown). I absolutely love the taiga. Is stinks that they don't make it anymore because it is by far my favorite men's bag. Perhaps you can find one preloved? I will attach a pic.

That's a great bag and I'm loving the hardware.

I have the Thomas I think in the grey damier cause I needed something in that pattern... my strap has been holding up fine, it's about 2 years old now.... I love the grey damier (whatever they call it I can't think of right now) especially for men!

Finally I made it to my local store on friday. Successfully.

I tested different bags and decided the Mick MM in Damier Graphite will best serve my needs (even tho this bag is bigger than expected)!

It looks awesome and isn't the typical messenger style. Still didn't buy it, but I am sure to do so.

The Brooklyn MM in Damier Ebene is a really nice bag too, but in comparison I prefer the less messenger like Mick.

Well I said to have been successful. But it not only means I finally know what to buy soon, but I actually bought something a size smaller: the Damier Ebene pocket organizer (the little thing you see on the pic) - and I love it.

The Zippy Damier Graphite still has to wait a bit, but hopefully will follow as well...

How do you like my decisions?

picture.php

Thanks for starting this thread, :biggrin: Kobaka! I'm also a guy and seeing the different choices for LV was really helpful. I was leaning toward the Beaubourg, but I'll have to see.

I don't like messenger style bags, which seem to be the most popular style for men, so I usually end up looking at the styles for women (which I don't mind).

Which bag did you eventually decide on? And I like the Pocket Organizer, too.

Hi all,

I am currently eyeing on the Brooklyn PM and is making plans to save up for it. For you guys who own this gem, how are the reviews on it? My usual stuff which i put in my current bag are wallet, coin pouch, key holder, pen and cigs. Would this Brooklyn PM be ok for my daily carry abouts?

Btw i am a guy here. Hope this Brooklyn bag wouldn't look feminine on guys as i don't wanna attract the wrong attention. I simply just love its design and pattern and hope to someday own it.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi LVnewbie80, did you get the Brooklyn PM? If so, how do you like it? I was looking at it but I prefer zip-top closure.