Advice requested on bracelet options

hephephippo

Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone [emoji1309] I'm turning to the experienced and knowledgeable folks of TPF to give me advice please or share their personal experience and life wisdom.

I'm in the market for a bracelet, in rose gold. That much i know (metal type) but I'm torn on which one to get (first). It may be a while before I pick up a new bracelet so this purchase in the foreseeable future is a bit confusing for me. I've listed my top of mind choices and personal concerns. However im also open to other suggestions so if anyone has personal favorites please do share!!!

My lifestyle and personality: I generally will not stack unless going to an event/night out. I like to keep my arms light due to my activity level. I tend to wear single pieces of jewelry (one bracelet) at a time, and like minimalistic pieces (smaller earrings). I prefer to keep under the radar when possible although it's not really always possible for the things I love/appreciate (Hermes bags are so iconic). This has not stopped me though but if possible I like being a little less noticeable (for example: Chanel reissue bag instead of a logo Chanel bag) -- this is mainly a personality thing, so I find that I tend to wear out my discreet things more than I would my iconic things.

I'm looking more for a bangle/cuff type bracelet that I can slide up my arm in place when necessary. Loose bracelets tend to snag on my active days!!

Option 1- Cartier love bracelet rose gold - I love how this bracelet looks, i love how sleek it can be on its own (no stacking). The only downside is that of all the bracelet options it is the most recognizable one. I'd probably have to annoyingly taking it off (screwing and all) on certain occasions I particularly need to be under the radar (work related)

Option 2 - Hermes Kelly bracelet
IMG_5823.JPG

Still iconic but a little less so. I think the love is the most iconic of all :smile: downside to this is the protruding element that sticks out. I might be hitting everything under the sun!

Option 3/4 - toss up between these also from Hermes
IMG_5821.JPG
IMG_5822.JPG

Option 5 - VCA Perlee bracelet
I think this is one is kinda under the radar unless someone would stare and read the designer signature.

Open to more ideas and hoping to hear others' personal experiences on finding a cuff/bangle!

Thank you to anyone who wishes to indulge my vanity post on a bracelet search... Just so confused and I know the TPF community has the best advice on these things!! [emoji28]

Not to throw a spanner in the works but you mention your activity level—I work out a lot and bangles drive me crazy! Are you sure it’s the right style for your lifestyle, particularly a Love that can’t be easily removed?

I have a Cartier Love bracelet (traditional size, full bracelet) and love it more than expected. I wanted something classic/iconic that would never really go in or out of style. I purchased it years ago when I was in my early 30s and could invision myself wearing it when I am my grandmother’s age. I went with the tighter fit. It doesn’t snag on anything. I wear a sweatband over it when doing CrossFit or running. IMHO it pulls any outfit together and looks just as good with a suit as it does jeans and a T-shirt.

I’ve looked at the Hermès bracelets but can’t seem to pull the trigger. To me (and this is just my opinion) they are not as iconic as Cartier. I know Hermès has been around forever and I’m aware of its history, but it just doesn’t speak to me (and for the price of these pieces they need to SCREAM to you).

Another option might be the Tiffany’s Atlas hinged bracelet. It’s about the same price as the ones you’ve identified and is oval shaped like Cartier so it won’t snag on clothing, but it is hinged so you can easily remove it.

Everyone has different tastes and a different style, so what works for one might not work for another. Part of the fun is doing your research and looking around. Can’t wait to see what you settle on!

Given the other brands I see you like such as Hermès and Chanel, may I recommend VCA Perlee?

To me, while the Love is iconic, I find it common for those who are in to jewelry and fashion. Everyone seems to have one, and it seems to appeal to a younger market. No offense to anyone intended, but I want to share my thoughts.

VCA is more elegant to me and the bracelet is “art” vs the Love which is more “logo” if that makes sense.

VCA is also much more under the radar and recognized by only a few.

Here are two Perlee bracelets you might like in rose gold. Both are iconic VCA especially the clover one. The clover Perlee is iconic VCA.

Good luck!

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Reactions: Louish and liliBuo