Advice- Removing pocket from TME

smilesalot

Rockin' a handbag at 3 yrs, why stop now?
Apr 11, 2008
Hi everyone,

I have a TME midi with the middle pocket and want to remove it. I know some of you have done this before, quite well, and wanted some tips. I do not plan on reselling this bag, so I'm not worried about affecting the value, but don't want it to look like I took thread rippers to it either.

Sharpening my scissors while I wait......................:nuts:

Thanks in advance!

Gina

Hmmm....I can't find it, but there was a thread where someone detailed how they cut the pocket out and showed photos of how it looked afterwards. Looked pretty good IMO

Ok, Now I am remembering I meant to search the forum for a related post before asking my question, doh! Thanks sgreg for looking for it.

Divider! That's the word I was trying to think of too, instead of pocket. Me and my old brain will go read this thread now!! Thanks guys ever so much!:biggrin:

I did not just cut the pocket out of my Black matte TMA..I used a razorblade, because I didn't want the fringing..and with very small stitches I sewed the lining together!

It was an adrenaline rush! You could become a divider slasher junkie! I was laughing at myself because I could tell my heartrate was going up! Too funny!

I carried the TME yesterday and LOVED that I could look down and see everything in sight.

Can't wait to stitch up the pocket for a cool cosmetic bag.

My SO, Chris was watching me do it, and he looked in the bag, and said "Ew, yeah, that pink, it's too much, cut it out of there!" I told him to hush! You can't talk about the signature BE lining like that!!!! I told him if the ladies on tpf heard him........watch out! Hee hee hee.

Thanks again ladies for your always prompt, extremely informative responses and posts. :tup:

I have to say that this is great if you can do it and want to!

BUT....having BOTH styles with and without the centre divider, I've discovered that for me personally, I much prefer the attached centre divider. It keeps things in place, nothing moves, and simplifies how quickly I'm able to find things.

Anyways.....to each their own. Must admit, I wouldn't be so brave to do attempt this one on my own.......if it were me, I'd take it to a seamstress or leather repair shop.

When I first got my bags I thought of cutting out the divider pocket...but..it is perfect for "hiding" things. Those monthly things..and all my medications. So perfect!

Contessa, I can somewhat agree with you, it is nice in some bags to have the devision, but I found with the TMA the fixed pocket was hindering the bag to expand, so I could not carry what I wanted to as with my other TMAs.

I am also not so happy about the type of pocket offered now, I would prefer either the pocket fixed to the bag or having it made removable with a zipper. Now just everything ends up under the pocket, when it is clipped on!