Advice Please .... Should I sell my Chanel Mini?

maely

Aug 1, 2016
Need advice please.....

So I purchased a Chanel Mini in August 2016 from the boutique in the square shape Lambskin black with the LGHW. Fast forward till now and the bag is still sitting in it's dustbag. I have taken it out to admire it but have not had the urge to carry it. It's a beautiful bag but for some reason just am not in love with it. I purchased it to wear to functions as an evening bag but find myself reaching for my YSL bag instead, or my Chanel WOC. It won't work as a day bag for me as I have young children and the square is too short for me crossbody.

Please help!

Need advice please.....

So I purchased a Chanel Mini in August 2016 from the boutique in the square shape Lambskin black with the LGHW. Fast forward till now and the bag is still sitting in it's dustbag. I have taken it out to admire it but have not had the urge to carry it. It's a beautiful bag but for some reason just am not in love with it. I purchased it to wear to functions as an evening bag but find myself reaching for my YSL bag instead, or my Chanel WOC. It won't work as a day bag for me as I have young children and the square is too short for me crossbody.

Please help!

A useful question to ask yourself might be Why do you reach for the YSL or the WOC? Is it a practical reason, habit, coordination or something else?
I ask because I bought a 226 black reissue ( my HG bag) and had a similar issue and realised I had put it on a pedestal. So went for it and have used it fairly regularly ever since. ( including it nearly getting splashed with stage blood at the RSC :frown:)
Hope that helps.

A useful question to ask yourself might be Why do you reach for the YSL or the WOC? Is it a practical reason, habit, coordination or something else?
I ask because I bought a 226 black reissue ( my HG bag) and had a similar issue and realised I had put it on a pedestal. So went for it and have used it fairly regularly ever since. ( including it nearly getting splashed with stage blood at the RSC :frown:)
Hope that helps.

Not sure why I reach for the others more, although I did get the WOC after the mini and used it right away. I think though if I could wear it cross body I would probably reach for it more.

I was unsure of the original purchase but went ahead with it anyway....and now it seems I'm reluctant to use it. My HG bag is a reissue too, so deep down maybe I realise I should put the funds towards this instead of holding onto the mini.

Not sure why I reach for the others more, although I did get the WOC after the mini and used it right away. I think though if I could wear it cross body I would probably reach for it more.

I was unsure of the original purchase but went ahead with it anyway....and now it seems I'm reluctant to use it. My HG bag is a reissue too, so deep down maybe I realise I should put the funds towards this instead of holding onto the mini.

I say sell it. Sometimes you don't realize the practicality until after the purchase. If you hadn't purchase it back then I'm sure it would still be in your mind and still would be a reluctant purchase in the future. Sell it and put it towards your hg bag. Good luck! [emoji8]

Reactions: maely
I say sell it. Sometimes you don't realize the practicality until after the purchase. If you hadn't purchase it back then I'm sure it would still be in your mind and still would be a reluctant purchase in the future. Sell it and put it towards your hg bag. Good luck! [emoji8]
Yes! I think you are right in that if I didn't get it I would still be thinking about it.

Sometimes it hard to part with something you spent so much money on knowing you will lose money on the item, but I guess its better than letting it sit in my closet unused!

Sometimes it hard to part with something you spent so much money on knowing you will lose money on the item, but I guess its better than letting it sit in my closet unused!
I get this. But the money / credit you get would contribute towards justifying your next purchase. I feel these bags are so expensive one should love them by wearing them a lot and they just show character with use

The square shape is casual and cute, not evening elegant in my opinion. That's why I would consider my reissue 225 or my rectangular mini for evening, but never the square. square spells casual to me. I have a lambskin square too but I also find myself reaching for it significantly less than my rectangular mini's. simply due to its lack of practicality comparatively. however, the shape I find great and fun for a summer outfit so I keep it for that/those outfits. I don't think this is a bag that based on what you want/how you use would be useful for you to keep. However, there are plenty die hard fans of the square mini and for a black lamb with versatile LGHW that's not used/rarely used, you're likely able to sell it way above retail so that you wont' be out too much money despite fees. you can soon be on the hunt for a bag that you love and use more. HTH. :smile:

Thanks for all your responses. I've decided to sell it and move on. These bags should be loved and enjoyed and I'm sure someone else can get more use out of this than I can.