advice please can i make them shorter ?

Actually, a few TPFers have shortened the heel before and reported good results. I'm blanking on their names though :Push: But IIRC, they said that it could only be shortened a little bit... like maybe 10-15mm at the most.

i remember one of the members shortened a pair of acid python VPs...i couldn't tell the difference in her photos.

/edit: nevermind, they were lady claudes, the same photo that madame was talking about. still, they look great!

Last edited:
I am taking my heels in to be shorten today. I will report back with the results. Very nervous about it and I know I am taking a risk, but I don't wear them anyway because I feel like I am going to fall over when I do :sad: So I thought what the heck, I might as well. They are so cute and I wish I could wear them more... :smile: Be sure to go to the higher end shoe dept and ask for a name of a person they recommend. That's what I did and was also told if they think it will throw off the balance, they wont do it. good Luck!

Okay Here is my update... so I just picked them up today! He was able to take off a little more than .25 inch. Tried them. Still feels tall just not as challenging to wear. That little bit did ease the feeling I had and I feel balanced when I wear them now! and the height agrees with my boot cut jeans now! Couldnt wear them together before because it made the hem look a little too high(I'm picky about that). Could only wear them with my skinny jeans before. However, I am yet to wear them out....It was a risk! Good luck to anyone who decides to take the same risk.

Okay, I'm bumping an old thread, but here goes. I have shortened the heels on my Lulys and on a couple of my higher heeled pair. My cobbler will check each shoe carefully & will only remove whatever can be removed, without throwing off the balance off the shoe. Sometimes it is as little as a "heel tap" amount, but sometimes it can be 1/4-1/2". I haven't been lucky enough, yet, to have a pair that can be shortened by an entire inch.

I wouldn't advise that at all - a friend of mine tried to and the cobbler (who is very, very good) said that it would basically compromise the structure of the shoe.

Has anyone ever had thier Pigalle 120s shortened? If so by how much and were you happy with the results? Just wondering if this possible on the Pigalle style?

I have got my ron rons 100 calf patent in barbie pink (cant post any pics because my bf has cam whit him in afganistan )
Now can a clobber make the heels a little shorter ? I cant walk in them and i refuse to sell them .
Im gonne try the sock tick because they are a little tight does calf patent stretsh a lot ? I really hope so thanks for the help

My cobbler does a fabulous job shortening heels. I had my Batik Python Ron Ron's heels shortened & there is no difference in how they wear. Granted, he can only take off about a heel tap worth, but it does help. The other thing that will help is practice.