Advice on Muse II--Should I Go For It?

novella

I Miss The 80s & 90s
Dec 4, 2007
Hey everyone,

I'm usually on the Hayden-Harnett, Marc Jacobs or Rebecca Minkoff forums, but I've always been a huge YSL admirer.

Long story short, I've been looking for the blue on blue Muse II like the one in the ad campaign featuring Kate Moss as a birthday gift to myself (my birthday was on Monday). I saw in the YSL Sales & Deals thread that there are some available in the Woodbury Outlet for an additional 20% off, making it about $799.

I rarely see YSL go cheaper than that. However, is it possible that the Muse II will be further marked down in these economic times? Do you think I should hold out or just buy it now?

This will be my first YSL bag so any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

you should do it! the blue and blue is beautiful:heart:. the large is the best size i think and the embossed suede should wear wonderfully with use.

i've seen a few muse II's marked down on the sales and deals thread (more than the muses); case in point, i saw a great tan on marked to 799 at BG, try NM too, they have good stuff. Also Woodbury Commons has some marked down... if they have any left!

I have the Muse 2 in praline and debated for a few weeks over getting it. I bought it during the crazy Saks sale and then it sat in my armoire for other couple of weeks without me feeling any interest to use it. HOWEVER, once I pulled it out.......I have trouble rotating it with my other bags now because it is SUCH a great work bag. And I think it is such a classic style.....go for it! The blue is stunning:tender:

I wouldn't hold out for it to go lower if you're interested in the blue embossed croc. It was from S/S 08 so it's basically been out for a year, went on sale last fall and has been a popular sale purchase. I would worry that you might miss out on it if you wait too long. $799 is a great price for it, so I would grab it!

With the extra 20% off, I will recommend to go for it. Since it is a S/S 2008 product, when its gone, its gone. It is a really pretty bag with an amazing deal.

Hi novella, I think this is a great deal for a large MUSE 2. I just got mine, my color is almond but the same style as yours (just almond with beige canvas and croc embossed almond suede............it is GORGEOUS bag. it is not practical to wear on the shoulder and easy open-close, but it is stunning that I can not wear any other bag I have - like HH hobos, YSL besaces (two I have), MUSEm Miu Miu-s, Balenciaga....they are all now in dust bags. this one can hold your dining room ;) and still looks so elegant and classy, I am addicted , the price is I think as great as you can get for a popular style

cheers, V