Advice on LV for my Mom

Daisy2016

Dec 11, 2016
Hi lovely ladies,

I am going to Italy this May and will be in Rome for a few days then lay over in Heathrow and back to the States. I am planning to purchase a medium NF for myself and another bag for my Mom.

Where should I purchase them to get better price, Rome or Heathrow?

About the bag for my Mom, she is 57 years old, I would want something medium size for her, so it's not too heavy for her shoulder, under $1500 since she would be mad at me if I spend too much for her bag, which one would you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Reactions: purse_newbee
My vote would be an Alma PM in DE, I just checked the price in USD and it's exactly $1500! It's such a classic and looks amazing on older women (even though I have one as well in my twenties) Even though it's PM, I don't think it's *that* small
Thank you so much! I will keep that in mind. I have heard that LV is 1/3 cheaper at Heathrow airport. So perhaps with that $$$ saving I could get her a matching wallet too. :smile:

I would get the Iena PM in DE. I'm not sure if it's out in DE, yet. She will appreciate the practicality of that bag. I believe that bag sells for under $1300. I saw that bag in mono on a lady the other day. It looked perfect.
Maybe a crossbody strap can be added for those times that it would get too heavy.

Reactions: Daisy2016
Well, I will be 56 this year. I love duomo hobo, neverfull mm, totally mm, delightful mm, alma pm, speedy 30 or 35. I love some of the newer one as well like the TUILERIES. Honestly if my daughter gave me any LV bag I would be thrilled to death. Thank you for being so nice to your mom, she will love it and she will love you for it. :smile:

Hi lovely ladies,

I am going to Italy this May and will be in Rome for a few days then lay over in Heathrow and back to the States. I am planning to purchase a medium NF for myself and another bag for my Mom.

Where should I purchase them to get better price, Rome or Heathrow?

About the bag for my Mom, she is 57 years old, I would want something medium size for her, so it's not too heavy for her shoulder, under $1500 since she would be mad at me if I spend too much for her bag, which one would you recommend?

Thank you so much!
Hmmm, purses are very personal (no pun intended), so the only real thing I could advise would be to consider what styles/designs of bags that your mom currently favours. Are they cross-body, hobos, or totes? Are they small or large (what and how much does she usually carry)? Does she like bold prints and colours or is she more subtle?
The more we know the better we can help when making suggestions:biggrin:

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I'm in the process of looking for a purse for my mother as well. We never could buy a purse this expensive growing up, so now that I'm finally in a position to I want to get one for my mom. I've never bought a luxury purse so need all the help I can get! I'm leaning towards a PM because she tends to carry smaller lightweight bags. She's 55 this year and usually carries Coach purses. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Daisy2016
pick the bag based on her preferences. determine if she likes crossbody, shoulder, tote, etc. and if she likes color or would be ok with monogram or de/da or prefer a leather item. maybe she love zippers or maybe she doesn't. if you know her favorite bag to carry right now that's your starting point for size and style. you could also send pics to her of what lv bags you like and ask for her feedback on those, to get a better sense of what she finds visually appealing.