Advice on leather choice

Trail7

O.G.
Jan 12, 2008
I am trying to decide between a new Grape MAM (with the light gold rounded hardware) and the slightly older Eggplant MAM (from 2010 with antique brass and square "rings") The Grape is kind of glazed and the Eggplant is more matte. Both have beautiful, saturated color and nicely distressed leather. Can anyone give me some advice regarding scratches and marks with heavy use? I was going to use it as an everyday bag and I am wondering if the glazed or shiny leather scratches more easily or will show more wear than the older matte leather. I have a Fine Wine MAM that I have used non-stop for 2 years and it still looks fantastic so that is the only one I have to compare. Thank you for any input.

I am trying to decide between a new Grape MAM (with the light gold rounded hardware) and the slightly older Eggplant MAM (from 2010 with antique brass and square "rings") The Grape is kind of glazed and the Eggplant is more matte. Both have beautiful, saturated color and nicely distressed leather. Can anyone give me some advice regarding scratches and marks with heavy use? I was going to use it as an everyday bag and I am wondering if the glazed or shiny leather scratches more easily or will show more wear than the older matte leather. I have a Fine Wine MAM that I have used non-stop for 2 years and it still looks fantastic so that is the only one I have to compare. Thank you for any input.
I have the grape with light gold hardware. It's not really shiny, just slightly glazed and I have found it to be extremely tough and doesn't easily show marks. I also have this bag in Blood red with the same type glazed leather, same thing. I don't have eggplant but I do have other MABs that are not glazed but matte and it doesn't take much to scuff them. Both are every close color wise -I vote for the grape!

I have the grape with light gold hardware. It's not really shiny, just slightly glazed and I have found it to be extremely tough and doesn't easily show marks. I also have this bag in Blood red with the same type glazed leather, same thing. I don't have eggplant but I do have other MABs that are not glazed but matte and it doesn't take much to scuff them. Both are every close color wise -I vote for the grape!
Thanks so much for your help! I am in love with the grape. I was just worried about the shinier leather but now I will go for it. I am so glad you are happy with yours.

Thanks so much for your help! I am in love with the grape. I was just worried about the shinier leather but now I will go for it. I am so glad you are happy with yours.

You are so welcome. I had the same worry on the grape but ordered it and was in love when it arrived. I pranced around with it for a while admiring it! Please post what you think when you get it!