Advice on color...It's been a long time since I've been in the bbag forum

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hi gals,
Ironically I first joined the forum years ago to learn more about balenciaga. Since then I spent much of my time in Chanel and then Hermes as my tastes evolved. Lately I've been longing for another city. I had the original ink and loved that color and may try to find one again on the resale market. What other colors can you recommend that are in the gray/ blue / dark neutral color family for me to look into?
Thanks so much!

I think the 08/09 anthra's have tended more towards the blue side of grey. The green tones were more in the 07 anthra. 09 Officier is a good colour too from what I've heard - very deep inky blue.

Hey S, good to see you here in Bal! The new officier is very close to ink (see Reference Library for comparison pics) but the undertones may vary from bag to bag. As for anthracite, I have several, 2 from 08 and 1 from 09. Mine do not have green undertones (none of the 08's do - they range from straight charcoal grey to bluish grey) but some of the 09's do throw green. My 09 is a SGH midday and definitely more slate grey with no green at all, only blue. I think the silver hardware may give a different effect to the underlying tones. It may be best to check out anthras IRL and compare bags.

Officer (Navy) is a lovely 09 color (some say close in color to Ink). There is also a promising color coming out soon called Tempete that appears to be a medium gray/blue. If you decide you like Anthracite (Charcol Grey), get a city from Balenciaga.com and you can get a free planet. They just became available in Grey today!

If you have a chance, you might want to take a look in person, as the leather is bit different than it used to be, a bigger Part Time style (my favorite) was added and there is now a Giant Hardware option too. Good luck!

Thanks so very much for the advice and warm welcome back.
Roey, hugs to you! I didn't know you were a bal gal! Lovely collection! I think I remember talking to you about ink long ago as we tried to find a chanel in that color family!

I was going to say Officer, especially if you are a fan of Ink! It seems to be very popular right now...gorgeous deep shade of blue, but I don't think it has the purple undertones of Ink.

The charcoal gray selling on bal.com is the blue-gray - NO green undertones at all. Very versatile and quite nice with GSH (gives it an edge!!) :P

Hi Addy and Shoes...So many familiar faces here. I really miss having a city and so mad at myself for selling my ink. I'm so glad to see the bbags have really made a mark. So I guess these are a classic then would you say??
I also love the clutch style for a nice casual clutch for a laid back dinner.
....and btw, thank god it doesn't cost $10000!

Thanks again everyone!