Advice on Birthday Present for New Boyfriend?

Sep 14, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice on what to get my new boyfriend for his birthday present. His birthday isn't until the middle of September. By that time we will have been dating a little over 2 months so it is still really new. I already got him a gift card to Vans Shoe Store because he mentioned he wanted some new shoes but other than that not sure what to get. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

I think thats a good idea. You can keep it simple, maybe some cologne? a nice shirt? or if u want to do the gift card thing but don't want to be so store specific what about an amex gift card?

I'd stay away from cologne for now. Some guys get weird about things like that. I'd stick with the gift card and maybe inviting him out to dinner at his favorite steakhouse or something like that :smile:

I'd agree with Suzie_hun. Make him a favorite meal or dessert or maybe a picnic. Something homemade, but not over the top takes all the weird of dollar value out of it, which can be uncomfortable in a new relationship.

Alternately, make him a playlist to listen to when he does something he likes, or have an experience together - go to a concert or try something new that you think he will have fun with. Good luck with your new relationship!!

Take him on a date! Find out if there's a show/concert he wants to see or something... or take him to his favorite restaurant and a movie he really wants to see.

When we first started dating I bought my DH tickets to a basketball game (for Valentines Day) and he freaked out with excitement. As an added bonus I got to confirm a date for several weeks later.

it really depends on what your boyfriend is into. I had got my bf a soccer ball lamp for when he's reading at night. If he has hobbies or interests that he really loves get him something related to one of those things. For example if he loves music, get him a CD from his favorite group or a gift card to his favorite music store. Or else iTune cards and customized iPod cases with illustrations of his favorite teams, players or even his institution.

When DF and I first started dating it was a short while before Christmas. I got him a Fossil watch with a leather band (pretty casual watch, relatively inexpensive) and a nice dress shirt from Express. I wouldn't go too overboard but definitely pay attention to what he likes. If he likes Vans shoes, then that gift card is a good way to go. If he's into music, maybe a concert like someone mentioned above, or a new set of really good earphones (my personal favs are Skullcandy!) If he's into sports, maybe tickets to a game or a sweatshirt of his favorite team. Taking him out to dinner at his favorite restaurant is also a great idea. It really depends on what he is into!