Advice: My first chanel is an ivory lambskin, will I regret my purchase?

Blueblonde

Dec 18, 2018
I just got my first Chanel bag. It's a pre-loved small boy in ivory lambskin that was a GREAT price on fashionphile. It's a bit scuffed around the edges and I cant tell if it's dye transfer or if the leather is wearing down, but I was planning on shipping it out to get it refurbished. I am a bit concerned though that the bag will be too delicate. Should I return it and save up some more money for a caviar? I couldn't find any information so I'd love some advice. Thank you!

Last edited:
I would personally regret that purchase. Too delicate for such an expensive bag. My heart would be crushed if it got color transfer or had very worn edges. Even the black lambskin of Chanel gets worn down corners and scuffs. I can't imagine the ivory. Although, ivory is stunning and a real eye catching color.

Reactions: eckw
Agree with above. Especially for a first Chanel, I would be scared to use it. Even many bags later, I only have one ivory and it’s a mini flap in caviar.

Personally I would return and wait for a caviar in a colour you will use most and feel most comfortable with)

I saw that one and was so tempted, but I already own 4 Boys. If you really love it, you can condition it with Apple and then apply several coats of Collonil waterstop. This could buy you a few good years of use. Then if it gets too dirty, you could sell it or even dye it!

If it already shows wear, it will only get worse over time. As beautiful as white lambskin is, you will have to contend with color transfer, additional wear, deflated quilts, scratches, etc You have a bit doubt on how delicate it is, so I would return. Save up your money and buy dark colored caviar.

Hmm. Not for often or daily basis. I have an ivory lambskin jumbo. I don't reach for it, because I don't want to 'think' about a bag I'm carrying in a more concerning manner than what I'm out doing. I need to sell it, except she's so perfect and pretty.

Lambskin is not delicate as many people make it out to be, but light color requires a bit of maintenance. Ask yourself the difficult question are you buying it because it’s cheaper? Are you going to be content if it’s your own Chanel bag? If you’re secretly after other bags like a black cf, then I would suggest saving up for the bag on your wish list!