Adding more jump rings? No more polishing cloth?

CHL

O.G.
Dec 1, 2009
Hi VCA experts,
I recently purchased a WG pave frivole pendant and I really would like to add more jump rings. The original pendant was 16.5 inches (jump ring at 15 inches).

If possible, ideally, I want to add two jump rings and have 15.5/16/16.5/17. Those lengths all work perfectly. However, depending on my outfits, one works better than the others. That's why I came up with so many lengths.

I got the pendant from VCA online boutique, so I called them this morning. Surprisingly, they first answered even adding one jump ring is not allowed. They mentioned VCA will not allow people to change the original design.
Since I already know someone who was able to add one jump ring, I mentioned that and then they said they will ask about it and get back to me. I'm currently waiting for their response.

This is not my first pendant, but it is my first pave piece. I've never asked them to add jump rings before but I would really like to do that this time. Although it is not a really expensive piece at VCA, 9~10K is still pricey for a single pendant and I want to wear it at its best length for each outfit.

Does any of you have experience adding two jump rings? If they do not allow to add two jump rings, will you recommend 15.5/16/16.5 and add 0.5 inches with other chain extender? or just go with 15.5/16.25/17?

Btw, I asked them to send me the polishing cloth but they said they do not do that anymore. Is it right or should I try other SA?
Thank you in advance for any inputs!

Yikes, it sounds like your experience with their customer service was very disappointing, CHL! VCA added a jump ring to my single Alhambra pendant at no charge. (Adjusting a pendant's length does not change its design, so that person's argument isn't even valid, imo.) My SA also gave me a polishing cloth, travel pouch, and several books and catalogs. My single pendant cost much less than your gorgeous pave piece, so cost of the item doesn't seem to be a factor. I'm not sure where you are, but if you need another SA's information, I would be happy to give you mine from here in Colorado. I'm sure others here would be willing to pass on their SA's contact info as well.

I think that exemplary customer service should be part of every VCA purchase. That has always been my experience, and I really think you deserve it as well! Hugs!!!

Yikes, it sounds like your experience with their customer service was very disappointing, CHL! VCA added a jump ring to my single Alhambra pendant at no charge. (Adjusting a pendant's length does not change its design, so that person's argument isn't even valid, imo.) My SA also gave me a polishing cloth, travel pouch, and several books and catalogs. My single pendant cost much less than your gorgeous pave piece, so cost of the item doesn't seem to be a factor. I'm not sure where you are, but if you need another SA's information, I would be happy to give you mine from here in Colorado. I'm sure others here would be willing to pass on their SA's contact info as well.

I think that exemplary customer service should be part of every VCA purchase. That has always been my experience, and I really think you deserve it as well! Hugs!!!

Thank you for your reply, HeidiDavis! Yes, I also thought it's not changing its design and I was disappointed a bit since they said no at the first moment. (Btw, I don't remember where I found it, but I read that they do not extend chains for Non-magic-size single pendant more than certain inches even though a person is willing to pay for the extra links. I think this is the case to change its design.)

The SA was kind. Maybe they didn't have those requests from online clients. :sad:
I got a reply from VCA that they can add jump ring. But I do not know yet if they are willing to add two rings, or just one. At least, it's confirmed that one jump ring can be added!
I now regret not requesting it to my single Alhambra pendant. Good to know that they do that for others. Thank you again HeidiDavis for confirming this! I will try this for other purchases in the future. :smile:

Reactions: HeidiDavis