ack!!! is this normal? my new cinnamon city arrived...

luv2eat

O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
and i love the color, which was my major concern. but then i looked the bag over and noticed that the raw edges on the leather are a little frayed and totally uneven...is this normal? my black twiggy doesn't have any raw edges soooo...i'm freakin out...wth? there's also what looks like a piece of white lint near the front pocket zipper but it's actually the leather--it looks like it was scratched or something. i think i may have to dye it or color it with a brown pen? man, i have the worst luck buying these bags sight unseen! i got it from aloharag so i don't wanna pay to ship it back. plus i got lost going to fedex to pick up the damn thing and waited in line for 1/2 hour. :cursing: am i being too picky? i hope the pics work. this is my first time posting pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 150
If you are not happy with a $1200 purchase, then you are definitely not being too picky.

For that kind of money, I'd want to be really happy with my purchase. Most of my bags have been purchased second-hand but if I bought it at a regular store I would want it *perfect*.

Good luck!! :heart:

The leather on the bag is beautiful, but it can be the minor things that really end up bothering me in the end. If you think that these items will bother you, then take the hit on shipping and send it back. Hmwe46 is right that $1200 is too much to spend and not be fully satisfied.

Nope, you're not being too picky at all!!!
The raw edges bit doesn't really bother me too much, but the lint-looking-leather-line would actually bother me. I'm so sorry you're not having much luck....:sad:

I think you should contact AR....I know it's a hassle having have to send it off, paying for the shipping charge...but for $1200, you should be completely happy with your purchase! Besides, if you keep it, I think because of the *flaw*, you won't love/cherish it as much.....

i had the same deal! aloharage is really irking me with their ways of picking out bags for us! i relaly want to complain tot hem cux the same thing happen to my vert gazon, there's a little part that wasn't dyed

My cinnamon city has "raw" edges and so did the other two cinnamon cities I saw when I bought mine. I think the super thick leather on these bags causes the edge issue. Normally I don't like funky edges on my B-bags but somehow on the cinnamon, it seems to add character.

As for the scratch, if it bugs you, you should definitely exchange your bag. I am really picky and little things like that bother me, though my black city had a little spot that I was willing to live with since the rest of the bag was so fabulous. I guess it just depends on how much it bothers you...

Good luck--keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Pretty much all of my bags, whether bought brand-new or secondhand, have at least a little bit of that whitish raw edge showing around the piping. I think it's pretty common and normal.

But if it really bothers you, maybe you can return it and keep your eye out for one that has less pronounced rolled edges?

Hmm.. I wanna say my Sandstone is like this in some areas, but b/c it's not all-over and b/c the color isn't dark it blends in nicely.

Definitely if you are not 110% satisfied - SEND THE BAG BACK! It's $1195, you should most certainly be THRILLED with the bag... not disappointed whatsoever!

I love your bag. Yes, the frayed edges used to bother me, but not anymore. That is normal. I agree with the above posters. It's too much money to spend if you're not happy.

So sorry that you're not really pleased with your bag. I've bought sight unseen and it's not an ideal situation. Your bag, though, does look gorgeous, but if you're not really happy with it, it might be better to send it back. Cinnamon looks a great colour. Let us know, if you decide to keep it.

both of my cities (one was brand new, the other used) have this raw edging, as does my 05 work. while it doesn't bother me, if you're not happy you should absolutely return it and get one that is perfect for you!! it's worth the time and cost of shipping (could they maybe credit you the return shipping since you're exchanging it???) to get the bag that you love!

Some of my bags have this too. I think your bag is insanely gorgeous. All that matters though is that YOU love it. I have made the mistake of keeping a bag that had little things that bugged me and never 'loving' it. Go with your instinct.