AC leaked on my Chanel!! Help!!

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! :sad: That has crossed my mind before of having a pipe leak and water gets on my bags! I agree with Swanky, wait for the bags to become completely dry. I see you posted this yesterday. How are the bags looking now? Any better? I'm thinking worse case scenario will your home insurance cover the bags? I know Chanel doesn't recommend leather conditioner but at this point, after it's completely dry of the water, your bags may appreciate it. Just stay away from wax or silicone ingredients. I condition my Chanel bags with no problems. I hope when they are completely dry they show no water damage.

Reactions: 0Mary and BreezyE
I’m sorry you’re going through this!!! One idea for future storage could be acrylic boxes found on Amazon. View attachment 5989219
I have some acrylic boxes as well but I leave my doors open as I feel the leather needs to breath. It has no type of ventilation. Does yours? If not have you had any issues leaving the doors closed? Mine has acrylic sides and the door is acrylic with magnetic closure but the top of the case and the very back of the case is hard black plastic. I do not recall the brand name of it now. I was thinking of drilling a few holes in the back of the plastic so there is ventilation. Having the doors open can get in my way at times so I prefer them closed.

I have some acrylic boxes as well but I leave my doors open as I feel the leather needs to breath. It has no type of ventilation. Does yours? If not have you had any issues leaving the doors closed? Mine has acrylic sides and the door is acrylic with magnetic closure but the top of the case and the very back of the case is hard black plastic. I do not recall the brand name of it now. I was thinking of drilling a few holes in the back of the plastic so there is ventilation. Having the doors open can get in my way at times so I prefer them closed.
I have the magnetic ones too but I’ve noticed if they’re in this position and I don’t push firmly there’s a light gap and if I flip the container so it open from the top i can place some balled up clear tape to prop it open. Sometimes I do leave the doors open during the day when they’re in this position. Drilling holes is not a bad idea!

Thank you everyone for your nice replies! As of this morning 2 of the 3 are dry. The blue is still very wet and stained. Once they are all dry I will send them to Leather Surgeons to restore them and freshen them up. Getting insurance for my items ASAP!
Please report back on your experience with Leather Surgeons! I heard remarkable things about them so your bags will be in good hands.

Try to be patient and let it completely dry out before taking action. I hope the water stains will go away on its own. Hope that you are able to restore it back to its original condition. I’m so sorry that happened to you.