A/W 09 Love, or: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love HH

fafnir

O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I know, I know. Customer Service and all that. I made a joke yesterday about feeling like a cheap oscillating fan, alternating between frustration and love.

Despite all the current shipping/billing issues, I have to say HH is still my favorite designer. I've spent some time looking at other bags, and no one-- Kooba, Treesje, Ignes, LP, RM, RN, gets my heart thumping like HH. Nothing against them, I'm sure they're very nice bags, but... :shrugs:. I know a lot of people are saying the current A/W collection leaves them cold, but that's how I feel about the other designers. I even checked out my old fave, Tano, and nada. There's just something about HH's overall style, design, use of materials, quality, etc. that really connects with me. Belen Echandia has some very pretty bags and is the closest I've come to temptation, but just not enough to succumb.

Just wanted to send a few good vibes HH's way in the midst of all the negative. I really love the A/W collection.

Thanks for starting this faf! I absolutely still love HH and can't imagine that changing...ever! I complain sometimes about backorders, etc., but the truth is these issues don't really both me very much...certainly not enough to overshadow my love for their products! Quite a few bags have caught my eye this season and I think they've come out with some beautiful clothing. I didn't consider any of the clothing other than the Yoko last FW season, but this season I have to have almost all of the dresses. And the coats look amazing as well. So yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some fall goodies and seeing where they go from here!

I do love their products but their service is some of the worst in the industry! I think I'll still buy key items, but not as many -- if I limit the items, I limit the frustration level and will love what I get even more -- at least that's my theory;) I do hope they survive their CS and the economy as I'd miss their stuff for sure!

It's just like any relationship - you can totally love a person overall but still not *like* every little thing about him/his character/what he does, etc - it's definitely not mutually exclusive. A/W hasn't exactly knocked my socks off except for one or two items, and HH Customer Service drives me abso-tively BATTY, but I still :heart::heart: their bags and they speak to me in a way that other designers' bags do not (trust me, I've been *trying* to find other bags to spend $$ on, but nothing has really done it for me yet).

I didn't consider any of the clothing other than the Yoko last FW season, but this season I have to have almost all of the dresses. And the coats look amazing as well. So yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some fall goodies and seeing where they go from here!

Aren't the dresses beautiful? I love them all, too. But as I said in another thread, where am I going to wear all that silk? I wish they'd do the Bibliotheque Shift in a more practical material. Oh, and the Arbus, too.

Aren't the dresses beautiful? I love them all, too. But as I said in another thread, where am I going to wear all that silk? I wish they'd do the Bibliotheque Shift in a more practical material. Oh, and the Arbus, too.

Oh they are :love:

Personally I love to wear silk, but I definitely tend to wear jersey or other knit dresses more often. I mean, you've gotta love a dress you can throw in a pile and then pick up and wear again a few days later...am I right? OK, maybe I'm the only slob here :shame: But it would be fabulous if they used a stretch silk or even rayon on some of the more "casual" dresses...

My take on this? Love when I get my hands on something I adore for an insane price..providing I actually get my hands on it for an insane price. I will not make any excuses for their unusual sales practices selling clearance items that are backordered for three seasons etc, calls of doom, tracking numbers going to the Twilight Zone..but dang..the products really are gorgeous and well made most of the time and the sales are worth the wait.

I just got back from AC so let me wax philosophicalish. Think of it this way. You put your money in a slot machine..hope for a big payoff..most of the time nope..but once in a while..wow! Ditto at anything you play there..you lose your money..no refunds.

With HH it's the same. You pays your money..pull the handle..push the button..and pray for a big payout..the odds are much better with HH than they are in AC or Vegas so hey..you can't win them all right?

Do I get ticked off with HH selling things that aren't there, website from hell during sales, no price adjustment even if it is only a few hours and they lower the price..etc etc etc...you betcha. But I've decided that I'm going to try to be a bit " Kung Foo-Kwang Chai Caine and Grasshopper" about it. It's out of my hands. If I'm lucky..my heart will be full of joy. If not..well..it wasn't meant to be and I will zealously pursue a refund. Of course..that's right now..I bet I will be more "Incredible Hulk" rather than Zen once the mood hits.

Personally I love to wear silk, but I definitely tend to wear jersey or other knit dresses more often. I mean, you've gotta love a dress you can throw in a pile and then pick up and wear again a few days later...am I right? OK, maybe I'm the only slob here :shame: But it would be fabulous if they used a stretch silk or even rayon on some of the more "casual" dresses...

You are definitely not the only "slob" here, lol! I have a cotton/silk blend shirt dress from etsy that is miraculous. I can hand wash it, it dries really fast, doesn't wrinkle (or when it does, the wrinkles fall out easily). I took it with me to Europe, and it looked great even after being rolled up in my suitcase. That is the kind of material I wish they would use. I have ruined so many silk tops (it seems like silk and food/drink have a magnetic attraction to each other when the silk is on me!).

And gingey, yes, the bargain factor looms large in my love for them too. :P

I would love the Yoko in a heavyweight stretch jersey fabric! I adore that dress but I'm allergic to wool and it won't work for me! I love jersey fabrics - I travel a lot for work and they pack so well!

^^ Great post Gingey! I have to say, I totally do love HH bags. It is the only brand that has converted me from other expensive ones. They have great leather bags and their style has a hint of bohemian chic to it...which is totally me. The only other brand with the same love is Balenciaga because of their fab leather bags.....but boy do I love getting the same leather quality for less than half the price of a city tote!

... I still want my Clara asap darn it! LOL:P

I'm not loving anything on the site right now..still waiting for the "coupe de foudre" to happen. I'm not feeling the clothing..don't like the snap cuffs..waiting to see Olive anything..and also need to see things IRL..and am sticking to my ban until further notice as far as A/W goes..now if there's an insane sale...temporary amnesia!

Cherubaby..thanx..and I'm so happy to see you back here, chica..missed you while you were AWOL! Still pondering Zephyr in Brandy..what to do..what to do..sigh. I love the style..I've checked out so many high end..medium end bags..full price, discounted whatever. I get the handmade by blind nuns in France type thing..but I won't spend $15,000...or more..in fact I can't spend it..not even $1,500..not even $1,000..no matter how insane I was I didn't do that kind of damage..hat's off to those who can afford it..this is no condemnation..I just won't do it. Now HH workmanship (most of the time), quality, everything, is well worth the price point on sale..which is where my comfort zone is...and there usually is one style that I adore! Saving my groupons for later.

Last edited: