A "verbal" reveal~~

Sep 13, 2009
Sorry ladies...I don't know how to upload pictures...but I do have an amazing verbal reveal for everyone! I am so excited to share my story!
I went to the McKinley Mall in Orchard Park, NY today (near Buffalo) to do some birthday shopping for my daughter. Went into the Macy's and spied two Coach purses on a rack. This thrilled me simply because that particular Macy's does not carry Coach purses. I asked the salesclerk about the purses and she told me they were both holiday returns! The first was a Poppy tote...really cute...but I already have one...the other..I thought was black...I stepped closer to examine the leather because it looked so soft and rich and realized the black was eggplant! I was thrilled! I am not a black purse buyer by nature but was willing to make an exception for this beauty! To find that it was instead eggplant just made my day! I found a leather Brooke (style 14142). She is gorgeous! She was also marked down over $100 so my decision was made much easier! To make the day even better....when I checked out...she was marked down even more~! I ended up paying only $144 for her! I literally danced out of the store with my newest Coach! I just had to share with everyone! I am still dancing!!!

Congrats! I know exactly how you feel about that color - I have the Brooke wristlet and swingpack in eggplant and just think it's the coolest color! Lucky you to find Brooke! And at such an amazing price too!

Oh My Gosh...what a wonderful surprise!!! My Macy's does not carry Coach either, so I would be super excited to find a Coach return there! I have been wanting a large Plum Carly, but they're so hard to find nowadays, so I have been considering the large Eggplant Brooke. Congratulations!!! Enjoy your special find!

Congrats! My closest Macy's is a farther drive than the outlet so I never go. I have the Lexi in eggplant and looove it. It's patent so I know it's not the same but still...love the eggplant.
It's always awesome to get something cheaper than expected!

Does anyone have any suggestions for accessories? I have a gorgeous dark purple wallet (I believe it is a Madison) that I have had for two or three years...colours simply aren't the same. I know I could buy something with the traditional Coach logo but would love to have the matching eggplant somewhere! Any ideas????

Congrats on your beautiful Brooke! I hope you enjoy her, eggplant is a great color. I just found the matching zip-around wallet (style #43109) at my Macy's for 50% off plus an additional 20%, $79.20 before tax. If you want to find it at a Macy's, their SKU number is 884830885163. They can look this up and find which stores have any in inventory and they can do a charge-send for you. Good luck!

I agree blackthorn! Originally (and from a distance!) I thought it WAS black...I was so pleased to discover it was eggplant! The leather is so wonderfully soft...thinking now that I need the larger Brooke! (oh, the trouble I can get myself into!)

And I have to say...I love this forum...and everyone involved! What a great place to chat, discuss, and meet new friends! :smile:

Yay!!! You found the wallet! You'll have to figure out how to post pics and do a reveal of your set when it arrives. My Macy's had both the large and regular Brooke, and I chose the large, but keep wondering if I made the right choice. And now you're wondering about if you need the large, lol. I ordered the Brooke wristlet in eggplant that so many here have been talking about. I missed it at the outlets, so I had to order it from Macy's and am waiting its arrival. I LOVE that eggplant leather!