A Reveal: My Early Birthday Gift from Grandma before the Price Increase! :D

accio sacculus

O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
As some of you know, I was having trouble deciding which LV to get with the birthday $$ that my Grandmother :love: gave me - I was trying to decide between the Monogram Vernis Reade PM in Amarante or the Monogram Mini Lin Speedy. I had enlisted my fellow tPFers to help in making the decision, with the majority of you voting for the Mini Lin Speedy in the thread: "Help me choose! Vernis Reade PM or Mini Lin Speedy?"
I had pretty much decided on the Mini Lin Speedy until I got a few last minute votes for the Vernis Reade - including one from my DH!! :wtf:

So DH, the kids and I went down to my LV store this afternoon to have a look at both bags IRL to compare and make a decision. My SA had put both aside for me so when we arrived she showed them to us...since my SA also happens to be a long time friend of DH and mine, she was very honest - she said I would probably end up regretting the Reade and that I'd get more use out of the Speedy - DH also didn't like the Reade IRL, but still didn't want me to get the Speedy:confused1:; however, he really wanted me to get a bag in the Vernis Amarante (he LOVES the colour!)...so...what did I end up getting??? :shrugs:

lvreveal01.jpg

lvreveal02.jpg

Any guesses?? ;)

Rosewood?

You got it, cginny! :nuts:

lvrosewoodave02.jpg

I normally carry really big bags, but I really wanted something I could use as an evening bag or something nice when DH and I are out without the kids...and of course I wanted it in Vernis Amarante because I don't have any Vernis bags yet...and I just LOVE the Amarante colour - so does DH! :P The Reade PM really was too small though...and the fact that it's completely open makes me a bit nervous...

I was surprised to find that the Rosewood Avenue is really quite roomy despite it's size! :nuts: Funny how I never considered it when I saw it online, but loved it once I saw it IRL!

And DH got me a little something special to go with my new Rosewood Avenue...isn't he the sweetest? :love:

lvrosewoodave03.jpg

I'm not normally a big fan of pink...but I really loved the way the Aquarelle Bandeau colours went with the Amarante... :yahoo: