A question for the rehabbers and vintage lovers

I think the Broadway would be perfect for you. It has six feet. It is about 12 inches long, 7 inches high and 6 inches wide. The Madison satchel comes in a larger size that has a shoulder strap and is about the same size as the Broadway but doesn't have feet.

Does the Broadway have a style number? My Madison satchel is a spectator one (green with BT trim). I have a black lightweights one as well (though that doesn't have a shoulder strap). I would love a burgundy, mahogany or BT satchel next I think. I love those 6 feet on the bottome :biggrin: That is a nice size as well.

Does the Broadway have a style number? My Madison satchel is a spectator one (green with BT trim). I have a black lightweights one as well (though that doesn't have a shoulder strap). I would love a burgundy, mahogany or BT satchel next I think. I love those 6 feet on the bottome :biggrin: That is a nice size as well.

The lightweights doesn't come with a shoulder strap but the straps are long enough for your shoulder. I have a lightweights in burgundy too. It is gorgeous but I couldn't find a picture of it to post. The style number of the Broadway is #9891 but since it was introduced in 1991, I don't think that will help you much. I don't think I have seen any with style numbers in the creed. According to the 1991 ad, it came in BT, black, burgundy, forest green, mahogany, navy and putty. I don't think I have ever seen a burgundy or forest green on ebay. There also was a spectator version.

The lightweights doesn't come with a shoulder strap but the straps are long enough for your shoulder. I have a lightweights in burgundy too. It is gorgeous but I couldn't find a picture of it to post. The style number of the Broadway is #9891 but since it was introduced in 1991, I don't think that will help you much. I don't think I have seen any with style numbers in the creed. According to the 1991 ad, it came in BT, black, burgundy, forest green, mahogany, navy and putty. I don't think I have ever seen a burgundy or forest green on ebay. There also was a spectator version.

There is a spectator Broadway on ebay right now :graucho: Since my Madison is spectator, I want something different though. Burgundy....that would be gorgeous! Thanks for all the info. I love the lightweights satchel, even without its shoulder strap. It is so slouchy and soft!

Not to hijack this thread, but I want to ask vintage lovers:

Would you take a vintage Coach bag on an international vacation? We're going this spring to Turkey and a friend asked if I was taking one of my Coach bags. I thought no. In addition to a wallet, passport, etc, it has to hold water, guidebook, map, umbrella, etc. The coach bags are pretty heavy to start with, let alone carry all that other stuff. I actually do have a couple of large bags that would work - the really ginormous duffle, and the drawstring duffle which isn't as secure, due to the drawstring. I was thinking of a crossbody Baggalini I have.

What would you ladies do?

Would you take a vintage Coach bag on an international vacation? We're going this spring to Turkey and a friend asked if I was taking one of my Coach bags. I thought no. In addition to a wallet, passport, etc, it has to hold water, guidebook, map, umbrella, etc. The coach bags are pretty heavy to start with, let alone carry all that other stuff. I actually do have a couple of large bags that would work - the really ginormous duffle, and the drawstring duffle which isn't as secure, due to the drawstring. I was thinking of a crossbody Baggalini I have.

About six years ago I did take my Janice's Legacy overseas to Japan and it worked very well. It worked cross body and I could keep it on front so I could clutch it in crowded spaces. The bags you are considering are bigger though.

About six years ago I did take my Janice's Legacy overseas to Japan and it worked very well. It worked cross body and I could keep it on front so I could clutch it in crowded spaces. The bags you are considering are bigger though.

Is that the same size as the Legacy Zip? I have one of those but haven't used it in awhile. Ok, I looked online, and yours has a longer strap which I think is why I haven't used mine. I'm going to check and see if any of thses straps are interchangeable!

Ok, I just checked and they're all the same width, but vastly different lengths: 37, 42, and 57 inches!

Last edited:
I would take a vintage crossbody bag like a partricia's legacy or a duffle on a trip. Those old unlined, glove-tanned vintage bags are really tough! They can get heavy though.

I have a nylon microfiber Kate Spade large messenger bag that has been on many journeys. She is not very stylish but she is roomy and comfortable and can take a lot of punishment!

I would take a vintage crossbody bag like a partricia's legacy or a duffle on a trip. Those old unlined, glove-tanned vintage bags are really tough! They can get heavy though.

I have a nylon microfiber Kate Spade large messenger bag that has been on many journeys. She is not very stylish but she is roomy and comfortable and can take a lot of punishment!

I definitely agree with Katev that cross body is key. Especially depending on where you are traveling. You will want hands free to hold luggage and shopping and tickets and catch trains. And potentially to deter pickpockets.

Thought I'd throw in my Gramercys, I have some of the others pictured but If you're looking at Saffianos, you might want to take a look at these:

Large N/S Satchel (I added the tassle from an anniversary bag, I don't always carry it this way)

41DD8376-CC3B-4462-8195-E3D77B283831-5289-0000048FC8FB978E.jpg

Close up to show Gramercy texture:

5153977A-98A1-4097-8A30-B8101039FA2A-5289-0000048FBC0475E2.jpg

Here's the same satchel in powder blue, (which really is a mint) with the Gramercy Small Satchel and Madison Sutton Satchel in the fore ground. I LOVE the small satchel-I will probably give away or sell my Madison. I like that one too but I figure I'm "covered" with my other bags. Would love to find the Sutton in a different color though.

65CC65A8-8C28-4525-9CCB-3E3679EAB7E3-3068-000003F67E71BDD0.jpg

Close ups of the small Satchel:

78F43800-B8F6-4E37-88B6-42E4858B39A7-3068-000003F66D4873B0.jpg

9C02DD43-8B4F-4523-A0EA-6606765F1579-3068-000003F65EC844D8.jpg

I got a great deal on the small satchel listed as a "black suade lined bag" and the mint large satchel, but I paid around $200 for the large black one and justified it because it is such a classic bag that will last forever. Not quite the "classic leather" but cool just the same.

I have a better picture of the color somewhere, can't seem to find it on my phone or photobucket right now.

I have already taken pictures for a "which coach bag should I take to China" thread, I've just not yet posted it. I had decided that I was going to take my Patsy's legacy or Stewardess until I found out that I have to carry copies of ALL the students' (university class trip) visas and itinerarys EVERYWHERE I go for the entire trip so I'll have to bring a bigger bag. I have already dunked the vintage leather bags so I'd have no problem doing it again.

and yes, both of those bags are great crossbody bags which is another reason they were on my short list. I think Patsy would have made the final cut because she's open and conveninent but has that interior zip pocket to keep things secure. She also has a longer strap which makes cross body a little easier to deal with.

Thought I'd throw in my Gramercys, I have some of the others pictured but If you're looking at Saffianos, you might want to take a look at these:

Large N/S Satchel (I added the tassle from an anniversary bag, I don't always carry it this way)

41DD8376-CC3B-4462-8195-E3D77B283831-5289-0000048FC8FB978E.jpg

Close up to show Gramercy texture:

5153977A-98A1-4097-8A30-B8101039FA2A-5289-0000048FBC0475E2.jpg

Here's the same satchel in powder blue, (which really is a mint) with the Gramercy Small Satchel and Madison Sutton Satchel in the fore ground. I LOVE the small satchel-I will probably give away or sell my Madison. I like that one too but I figure I'm "covered" with my other bags. Would love to find the Sutton in a different color though.

65CC65A8-8C28-4525-9CCB-3E3679EAB7E3-3068-000003F67E71BDD0.jpg

78F43800-B8F6-4E37-88B6-42E4858B39A7-3068-000003F66D4873B0.jpg

9C02DD43-8B4F-4523-A0EA-6606765F1579-3068-000003F65EC844D8.jpg

I got a great deal on the small satchel listed as a "black suade lined bag" and the mint large satchel, but I paid around $200 for the large black one and justified it because it is such a classic bag that will last forever. Not quite the "classic leather" but cool just the same.

I have a better picture of the color somewhere, can't seem to find it on my phone or photobucket right now.

OK, still didn't find it but I posted it in the secondhand thread. It still looks washed out in this picture but though the official name is powder blue, I would have called it Mint. Just thought someone might be interested since mint is a thang now:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/show-us-your-coach-secondhand-bargains-745615-70.html#post22742429

OK, still didn't find it but I posted it in the secondhand thread. It still looks washed out in this picture but though the official name is powder blue, I would have called it Mint. Just thought someone might be interested since mint is a thang now:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/show-us-your-coach-secondhand-bargains-745615-70.html#post22742429

Thank you for the pictures, those Madisons and Gramercy bags are amazing!!! Going to have to do some creative ebay searches for suede-lined bags :graucho:

Does the Madison have a shoulder strap as well?