***A Place for the Fakes***

I told the seller this bag was fake, but they dug heels in. I have now reported as fake to ebay. We shall see if ebay takes action or drops the ball.

I told the seller this bag was fake, but they dug heels in. I have now reported as fake to ebay. We shall see if ebay takes action or drops the ball.

Nope. As others have experienced, ebay's fake bag reporting feature is a joke. I even made it easy for them by reporting a concrete detail that this bag got wrong, and ebay still saw no violation.

Years ago, I spent lots of time reporting, and they did seem to respond sometimes.. even sent me "Thank Yous" once or twice with little gifts at Christmas time. Now they have given up even the modicum of concern they had about the fake bags being sold. Their "authentication," service for bags over a minimum amount gives them license to ignore everything else... including the international sellers running amuck. I'm hoping they still bend over backwards for buyers who complain...supporting returns and refunds. Probably easier than the Real Real.

frustrated GIF

• Sad
Reactions: protein_
https://www.ebay.com/itm/395299728935?
"If you have any questions about how to tell whether an old City product is genuine or not, please ask us..."
Why should I ask you when you clearly can't tell??
This is a fairly decent fake but there is one very glaring fault that jumps out; anyone that has even briefly educated themselves on authenticating B bags would see it immediately.
"As proof of authenticity, there are sewing machine marks on both sides of the tag inside the bag, the Lampo Shipper logo, and a notch in the bag's metal clasp."
(I have no idea what they are even trying to say here, so no flippant response from me!)