Home & Garden A place for houseplants

@Kevinaxx you have a beautiful hoya there. Nothing wrong with it imo. Many would love to have white leaves like that. If the leaves are firm and fleshy and can't be 'folded', it isn't dehydrated.

The smaller leaves on the end appear to be new foliage which is growing.

View attachment 5783419View attachment 5783420
I was trying to talk myself out of it more likely.

Tri-coloured hoya! Also been eyeing on them. I hear their flowers are lovely and smells wonderful! Yours look very lovely.

I was trying to talk myself out of it more likely.

Tri-coloured hoya! Also been eyeing on them. I hear their flowers are lovely and smells wonderful! Yours look very lovely.
Thank you! I hope I can help it keep thriving.

I’ve picked up 7 2” succulents with one of them cacti and @ $3 apiece I couldn’t resist, especially when they look like this:

IMG_7548.jpeg
IMG_7547.jpeg

I’ve also gifted some and am likely going to buy a large shallow pot to make a succulent display of sorts, but am afraid of doing so because I'm unsure what watering would look like (and also the nursery pots they come in are less likely prone to root rot).

• Love
Reactions: cheremushki
@Kevinaxx , I don't find watering succulents in closed pots that difficult since they should dry out completely and stay bone dry for a few days . In my experience, this can be controlled particularly well with a flat vessel .
Another option would be to put the plants and their pots together in a large planter

for example : Ferm Living Plant Box

1684904599621.png

^let me know how that goes!!

I would love to learn how to bend bigger trees…

IMG_7863.jpeg
This originally came with three leaves. One fell off and the two bigger green remained. Now it’s putting out leaves that are more white than green and the two latest seem all white… :/

@Kevinaxx very pretty! In my experience alocasias don't hold on to many leaves at a time and constantly grow new and drop old ones. My sygonium is doing the same with the all white leaves at the moment, but there is enough green elsewhere to sustain it. Yours must be very happy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kevinaxx
@Kevinaxx i gave up on humidity ages ago. Hence why I don't have alocasias anymore! The orchids are happy and they're what I really love.
I kind of am on same boat but this one is induced because it’s a baby in the ikea display glass dome.

I had a baby thai constellation that did well there and then I moved it to ikea cabinet. At some point when they’re big enough I’ll gift the ikea cabinet (someone is already calling dibs because I would have donated) and I have so many plants that when they’re fully mature it should be ok (I think).