A little sad

moi00177

HOHO
Apr 18, 2010
About a month ago, I ordered a NF MM bag from louisvuitton.com. Was so so excited. Even my DH was excited that I was finally going to have my dream bag. 5 days later, I received THE BOX!!

But... this excitement did not last for a long time. Once I opened the box, ....:crybaby::crybaby: I could see some white powder inside the bag and it seemed like somebody already used it. I could not believe it. I did not pay 850 dollars to get a used bag. AHHHH!

Maybe it is not A LOT of money for some people. It was a dream bag for me from the first year of grad school. Whenever I was tired of overwhelming work to get my degree, I looked at pictures of this bag and that cheered me up. (Sounds ridiculous, right? but it worked) I finally got my real adult job and I was so so so happy that I could afford this without worrying about money.

Anyways, I called them back and asked for an exchange. No problem. Two days ago, I received a box. So excited again without knowing what happened. They rejected to exchange the bag, since it was not in the same condition as they sent. I did not know what to say....... I am a good person. I would never ever ever do anything like I use something and send it back....

At this moment, my credit company is taking care of this situation. I got my money back, most likely I will be able to return this, and one bad purchase is not a big deal. At the end of the day, it is just another "thing." I have my health and a loving family.

I am just sad that my expected-to-be-very-joyous moment turned out not too great. Maybe I got so emotionally attached to this bag.

Thank you for reading this whiny story!:heart::heart:

For goodness sake, I am glad you have your health and a loving family, but you are allowed to feel disappointed when you have been wanting something, maybe saving for it, and it did not go well. This is a really annoying situation. Is there a LV relatively close to you where maybe you could take the bag and explain? I guess if they have made up their mind there might not be anything a SA could do though....just a thought. Glad your CC co. is helping out. When you get the money restored, maybe go and try to get one in person from a store, or try ordering out of a store via phone order? I dunno if LV orders that way.

I got my first bag from the main LV by calling the US number, and my bag shipped from the east coast. The second one I got from the store.....I had gone to the store to buy, and they did not have the one I wanted so they eventually shipped it to me. So there are a few ways you can go when purchasing. I got lucky since both of mine were shipped sight unseen. I inspected them carefully too upon arrival. Was someone doing some blow in your poor bag lol? Maybe you got a certian celebritiy's used bag!

I agree on you having the right to feel disappointed :smile: It doesn't mean you're spoiled - I think we all know the feeling of looking forward to some sort of luxury in life and then feeling let down by the reality of it :/

Today, I got that same feeling! :sad:
I went to my city's LV boutique and *finally* purchased the Rivington PM :heart:
I was so happy and excited and in love!
But when I came home, I noticed how the bag was way too small for it to fit all my university stuff. So I have to wait til tuesday to exchange it for a larger size, meh.

I hope all went well with your exchange/ return! xo

You certainly have a right to be disappointed but I think it's great that you haven't lost perspective on the things that truly matter in the big picture! I have often found LV service to be lacking and been disappointed myself on a number of occasions. At the very least your CC company is taking care of it, and the fact that LV didn't accept it back justified that the bag was not in a sellable condition (although for a ridiculous backward reason)!

I would try to purchase in person, and if you don't live near a store, get one next time you are traveling, and it will be an extra special bag bc it will conjure fond memories of your trip too!

Best of luck!!

You certainly have a right to be disappointed but I think it's great that you haven't lost perspective on the things that truly matter in the big picture! I have often found LV service to be lacking and been disappointed myself on a number of occasions. At the very least your CC company is taking care of it, and the fact that LV didn't accept it back justified that the bag was not in a sellable condition (although for a ridiculous backward reason)!

I would try to purchase in person, and if you don't live near a store, get one next time you are traveling, and it will be an extra special bag bc it will conjure fond memories of your trip too!

Best of luck!!

^agree!
I am sorry that happened to you. I don't know if something is going on with the warehouse. Most of my orders came with no issues but my last order for the Evora came without a box, just in a dustbag and store bag. There were some marks on the piping. I called them and took pics before sending back. I've never heard of them refusing a return. I decided I would not order online anymore. I hope you get this resolved soon! Do you have a store near you that you can visit instead?

I usually have to order online living in WI, I had this happen once. I was sad about a nick out of the leather strap, slight wear spot somewhere else, no blue protective thingees and no TAGS w/ it at all. Clearly used. I called literally 1 minute after they could easily see that it was scanned delivered by FedEx. And the customer service person still gave me a "well, I can't say that you'll be granted a return or exchange, you have to send it to this person, attn: so-and-so, for inspection to see if it looks like you used it." WTH? I KNEW it was going to look used. Because that's how I received it. She also said not all bags have any style tags etc... Yeah right. I've NEVER not received at least one little tag with any purchase. I felt I was being treated like a criminal. I ended up threatening this woman with filing a charge, and hung up LOL! How snooty and unhelpful can a company be? Luckily I have had all wonderful experiences before, and after that... so in the end I forgave. Hopefully it's a rare occurrence! They need to get better about accepting returns the FIRST time around so us SECOND time arounders don't get screwed! Lol! (I decided to keep the bag, with the patina process the wear evened out well enough, but I ended up so upset about it I still sold it after awhile.)

Good luck!! :smile:

I usually have to order online living in WI, I had this happen once. I was sad about a nick out of the leather strap, slight wear spot somewhere else, no blue protective thingees and no TAGS w/ it at all. Clearly used. I called literally 1 minute after they could easily see that it was scanned delivered by FedEx. And the customer service person still gave me a "well, I can't say that you'll be granted a return or exchange, you have to send it to this person, attn: so-and-so, for inspection to see if it looks like you used it." WTH? I KNEW it was going to look used. Because that's how I received it. She also said not all bags have any style tags etc... Yeah right. I've NEVER not received at least one little tag with any purchase. I felt I was being treated like a criminal. I ended up threatening this woman with filing a charge, and hung up LOL! How snooty and unhelpful can a company be? Luckily I have had all wonderful experiences before, and after that... so in the end I forgave. Hopefully it's a rare occurrence! They need to get better about accepting returns the FIRST time around so us SECOND time arounders don't get screwed! Lol! (I decided to keep the bag, with the patina process the wear evened out well enough, but I ended up so upset about it I still sold it after awhile.)

Good luck!! :smile:

Thank you, lshcat!

Yes! That is how I felt.. treated like a criminal. It seems like they are taking advantage of the situation. :pout: They don't have to prove anything. They just need to say "We inspect every item thoroughly before shipping them to delivery high quality items."

Being worked up again.. Trying to calm down.

Oh no! I can't believe they wouldn't exchange it for you. Sucks to be so excited for your dream bag and that had to happen. I hope things work out for the better for you. Kudos to you because yes you do have your health and beautiful family ^_^

I live in Wisconsin also,so no going to a store to purchase. I have used an SA at Saks in Chicago, who inspects items before they are sent. Just a thought to try a different way than the 800 number. I just think for the price you are paying for a bag they need to be above and beyond in customer service.

its ok to feel disappointed. in the future with big item purchases its best to go in the store. you can inspect the bag and know what you're getting into and if you don't like it they can always find you another one.