A little bit rock 'n' roll... Presenting Jovi in Grey!

starkfan

O.G.
Jan 18, 2009
I've been in the market for a small crossbody for awhile now, and finally decided to take the plunge with the Jovi in Grey! I was a little uncertain, but once again, Treesje manages to impress.

My other Treesjes all have glazing to some degree (Electric Blue, Black Shine, Ocean), so this is my first Treesje with completely unglazed leather. The Grey is wonderfully buttery soft, and I love the tonal variations in the leather too. Treesje's hardware is also known for being substantial, yet the studs still managed to catch me by surprise with how they looked and felt. It makes the bag sometimes feel just a little bit heavy as a result for such a small crossbody/clutch (overall, it still is quite lightweight though!), but I love the weight and feel of the studs!

I also initially had some concern about the front-facing zippers and whether or not that would be pickpocket-friendly, but after playing with the bag a little, my fears have been somewhat allayed. You do usually need to open both zippers to easily access the bag, and the opening is somewhat small (~10" across; the whole clutch measures between 11" and 12" across). The studs weigh the flap down a little too, though of course I wouldn't recommend leaving both zippers open when you're carrying the bag. In terms of internal organisation, it's just the interior zipper pocket, no other pockets or key fob, but given the small size of the clutch, it's works out fine.

Now, despite the size, I think the clutch still fits a fair amount, enough to get one through the day (and into the night ;)). I tried just dumping in my wallet (Linea Pelle Dylan long zip wallet), handphone, and keys (in a Lauren Merkin zip pouch), and it fit in with zero problems, no bulges, and more than enough space for other small items too (e.g. tissues, lipgloss, card case). With a smaller wallet, it can definitely fit a camera or iPod too, I think. (A nano would fit in with no problems, in fact! I have an older video iPod, though, so that needs more space. ;)) I've included a preliminary pic of my wallet, phone and keys in the bag, so you can judge for yourself. Again, it's a loose, highly comfy fit for those items, and quite a bit more can go in there, I think.

Okay, now, on to the pics!

attachment.php

Close-ups of those fantastic studs:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That glorious leather!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,819
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 1,807
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,824
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,800
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,793
Gunmetal hardware :love::

attachment.php

Also, another point to note: The ring that the straps attach to? Not a D-ring like I initially thought, but an O-ring as you can tell from above. It's a solid, seamless O-ring too -- like a miniature version of the rings on an Asher! Gotta love Treesje's hardware... :girlsigh:

A peek inside...

attachment.php

With minimal stuff, and definitely with room to spare:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Final random note: I love how the names of the Stone collection correspond to musicians or bands! (Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, and I think the Turner might just refer to Tina! :P) Definitely a cute little extra detail!

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 688
:yahoo:

That thing is GORGEOUS!! I really love this grey leather.. it has such great depth!

Congrats and thank you for such a great review, yet again.

ooo it looks SOOOOO YUMMY!!!! I think i might need to add that to my wishlist now! Would you say the zippers are easy to open say if you were wearing it crossbody or just on the shoulder?

Thanks for the review! Jovi is such a cute bag, and Blake Lively showed us some modelling pics. as well in the turquoise color, which looked great!

Wow, I love it! And I love how you showed what you put in it because OC I have the same LP wallet, and if it fits the wallet, it fits me.

I pre-ordered a Zipper clutch from RM and usually only need one smaller cross body but I may have to have this too. I haven't looked into it, but is the MAC a bit larger. I'll have to investigate.

THIS. IS. PERFECTION.

I'm always on the lookout for crossbody bags. Could you tell me where you purchased it? I'd LOVE to get this in the gray! It's so gorgeous!