A Great Bag Called Marwari by Hermes

Congrats Mrs Rance!!:flowers:I love the canvas! So light!

Thank you Julide. Yes me too love canvas because it's lite and eazy brezzy :smile:

great looking bag, but canvas Hermes is not a smart investment - it only looks good when pristine, or if you can somehow avoid stains. Even at Hermes they cannot clean it properly, I used to have a huge sailor's bag bought in the 70s and they couldn't clean it at the Paris store. Yes, young and foolish, I used to check it with the airlines...

Thank you :flowers:
I have Marwari PM Clemence but it's kinda heavy for me. When I found this canvas, I love it and it's so light. Some Hermes bag I like in canvas material eventhough I know it's not easy to taking care :smile:

Congratulations! That looks like a great piece. I've re-fallen fully in love with my Marwari now that I'm living in the city. Enjoy!
Thank you :flowers: indeed it's a great bag :yahoo: I am so glad I found this bag

Thinking of buying a Marwari GM. I am leaning toward canvas since it would be very light weight. I have Clemence bags and they tend to be heavy. Any input would be appreciated. I do love the way the GM in Clemence sags a bit.

Thinking of buying a Marwari GM. I am leaning toward canvas since it would be very light weight. I have Clemence bags and they tend to be heavy. Any input would be appreciated. I do love the way the GM in Clemence sags a bit.

The canvas feels like nothing compared to the leather. I would recommend canvas. I can weigh them tomorrow if you’d like:flowers:

Would you share how you washed it? I bought a black canvas GM and am now thinking of a lighter color. I do not mind a beat up look at all. In fact a beat up bag is perfect for travel.
Thanks !

I have spot treated them with success. I have submerged my lighter toile one and it no longer has the crispness that my black canvas has. I suspect you could find a way to make it "stiffer" but I don't mind it. Here is a pic of my "washed" toile marwari:flowers:

Attachments

• E7B80E94-44F1-4A91-A57E-4C726E4E61B3.jpeg
    E7B80E94-44F1-4A91-A57E-4C726E4E61B3.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 462
Anybody familiar with it or owne one ? Pros and cons ? I saw one in nyc at a resale shop and I will be honest it’s a super beautiful bag with a great amount of space . I am actually surprised that Hermès discontinued this bag . I will enclose pics . I am beginning to think of instead of getting a third. Evelyne I am gonna go for this .

Attachments

• 8D0238D5-DF63-4999-B1F9-48B8BE5EC405.jpeg
    8D0238D5-DF63-4999-B1F9-48B8BE5EC405.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 384
  • 5B53CF64-DD7C-4A31-8BC8-8149342CC454.jpeg
    5B53CF64-DD7C-4A31-8BC8-8149342CC454.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 380
I love this style and it is my go-to bag whenever I need to carry files or stow shopping.
I confess I own three, two GM in gold and blue saphir, and a PM in rubis which I was unable to resist but use less often.
The front pocket is particularly useful, and the strap has softened and sits conveniently on the shoulder, even on winter coats. The north-south shape is more convenient than e.g. the Double Sens, one doesn't bump into things, and they look like new, even after constant use. And it is under the radar, hardly anyone knows what it is. With its fabric lining, I don't find it too heavy, but I'm used to substantial bags.

IMG_2236.JPG