A few reviews

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
I have been going through bags a bit faster and wanted to post some reviews.

Vintage AWL carrier

I found it easier to use than expected with the turnlock closure. But the lock is P shaped so you have to keep the “tongue” of the P turned upwards to make opening it easier. It catches if turned down. I like its back slip pocket but not the plastic of its interior zipped pocket which was a bit too small for my needs. The shoulder strap tended to twist around. Bag was fine on the shoulder, but crossbody I felt the bag was too big and too stiff to wear comfortable that way. It seemed to stick out awkwardly from my body. I picked up a couple colors in this bag off ebay and plan to use them all.

Large Carrington pouch

I bought this for my ipad. There was plenty of room inside for the device, but the zipper didn’t open quite wide enough for easy in/out which was a pain. I was always afraid I would scratch the screen on the metal zipper. I also found the huge tassel in the zipper pull a nuisance. I wound up buying a $5 neoprene pouch at Walmart that I am happier with.

Sawyer

I liked my Sawyer once I swapped wallets, it was a no go with my regular big wallet. Removing a couple things I could toss in an 8 oz water for shopping trips too. I really liked the look of her and carrying her, but switched out when I ended up at a store without the card that would give me 25% off because it was in the wallet at home. I never pick the right things to put in my smaller wallet. I had three Sawyers: pale blue pebble, natural saffiano and black suede. I sold two and kept the pebbled one for the color. Had she worked with my regular wallet it would have been a keeper for all three.

I have been going through bags a bit faster and wanted to post some reviews.

Vintage AWL carrier

I found it easier to use than expected with the turnlock closure. But the lock is P shaped so you have to keep the “tongue” of the P turned upwards to make opening it easier. It catches if turned down. I like its back slip pocket but not the plastic of its interior zipped pocket which was a bit too small for my needs. The shoulder strap tended to twist around. Bag was fine on the shoulder, but crossbody I felt the bag was too big and too stiff to wear comfortable that way. It seemed to stick out awkwardly from my body. I picked up a couple colors in this bag off ebay and plan to use them all.

Large Carrington pouch

I bought this for my ipad. There was plenty of room inside for the device, but the zipper didn’t open quite wide enough for easy in/out which was a pain. I was always afraid I would scratch the screen on the metal zipper. I also found the huge tassel in the zipper pull a nuisance. I wound up buying a $5 neoprene pouch at Walmart that I am happier with.

Sawyer

I liked my Sawyer once I swapped wallets, it was a no go with my regular big wallet. Removing a couple things I could toss in an 8 oz water for shopping trips too. I really liked the look of her and carrying her, but switched out when I ended up at a store without the card that would give me 25% off because it was in the wallet at home. I never pick the right things to put in my smaller wallet. I had three Sawyers: pale blue pebble, natural saffiano and black suede. I sold two and kept the pebbled one for the color. Had she worked with my regular wallet it would have been a keeper for all three.
These are great!! Thanks for the great info.... I have been changing my mind like crazy these last few months. I try a bag, then find it just doesn't suit me, so I totally get it..... I have to have my regular wallet with me too, or I completely forget where everything is.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: aerinha
I am closing out the month with my mini Florentine Hattie. This wasn’t a bag initally on my radar but an ebay deal made her mine and I think she’s a real winner. First, the mini holds all my stuff along with my regular wallet and I can get an 8oz water in there too. It can be a bit of a dig to the bottom because everything has its place in slightly tight quarters, but that hasn’t been a big issue. I wore her on my shoulder for two hours straight yesterday at my boss’ casusal cocktail retirement party and didn’t feel weighed down. Nor did I spend the time hiking her up on my shoulder. I put her there when I got out of the car and there she stayed, no trouble at all.

If I had to give negatives, there would be two. Tiniest prob with the interior zip pocket being a tad too short. My fingernail file was a struggle to put back in once I took it out. Bigger issue, she doesn’t really close all the way. Maybe once the leather eases she will, ut they didn’t put grommets in the drawstring holes so yanking it tighter could tear them and the braided cord it showing some abraisons from use. There have been a couple times I stopped the car and had her fall off the seat and, if smaller stuff was on top, it slid out.